Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
Hello, nokia n900 have cpu 600mhz, 1giga ram. chip 3d opengl 2.0 , 32gb

linux have pcsx2 (ps2 emulator)

if maemo are linux

port pcsx2 linux to maemo , is possible??

and i think that is possible

nokia n900 for sale 4 november in spain, 26 october in EE.UU

my question is: is it possible??

i send private message and 1 email to pcsx2 linux developer arcum42's and i am waiting your response in other forum and when it happen, i spoke here jeje

Last edited by samipower; 2009-10-14 at 22:57.

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
I do not have data to back this up, but I can confidently say:

No way!

(I'm sure there are many reasons why... I just don't know them and am too lazy to google)

...and welcome to the forum!

|||EDIT
It should be noted that I am basing this assertion off of the fact that I can barely run a ps2 emulator on my pc which has 4gb ram, 2.4ghz dual-core processor, and a 512mb nvidia geforce card.

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-10-14 at 22:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
simple answer:
PSX emu - possible
PSP emu - maybe
PS2 emu - no way
PS3 emu - good joke

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I think the overwhelming answer to this is going to be: No. Not a chance.

We don't even have a working PSX emulator yet, as far as I know, but I hear the Pandora one is coming along nicely, and that runs pretty good at 550mhz.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
you think ps2 emulator runing in n900 with ps3 bluetooh gamepad, jaa, because msi bgp100 gamepad bluetoh o zeemote gamepad bluetoh are other options jaj

but play station 1 and nintendo 64 it is possible, exist port muppen64 and pcsx , in other post in this forum i saw links for download but n64 emulator rendered by software no opengl, and pcsx run well in theory.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
India, Spain, Turkey, Brazil, France, Hungary, Italy, Bulgaria.

From which of these countries are you?

The Following User Says Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
I think the overwhelming answer to this is going to be: No. Not a chance.

We don't even have a working PSX emulator yet, as far as I know, but I hear the Pandora one is coming along nicely, and that runs pretty good at 550mhz.
And the N900 will not be running at 550mhz anyways, unless you're interested in frying it, that is.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
And the N900 will not be running at 550mhz anyways, unless you're interested in frying it, that is.
Ok, I'm confused.

The N900 has a 600mhz ARM chip right? So if it were running at 550mhz you'd have to slightly undervolt it rather than overclocking it, which would be more likely to result in random data corruption than it being fried.

Is that what you meant, or is there some N900 processor speed complexity here I'm not aware of?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
Ok, I'm confused.

The N900 has a 600mhz ARM chip right? So if it were running at 550mhz you'd have to slightly undervolt it rather than overclocking it, which would be more likely to result in random data corruption than it being fried.

Is that what you meant, or is there some N900 processor speed complexity here I'm not aware of?
At Summit, Nokia had a slide that I've seen online that says that running the N900 at 600mhz or even 550mhz would damage or fry the tablet. I'll see if I can find it again.

so its running 480Mhz at default, right?