Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
I found this while searching around on YouTube for other video's I havent seen... Its not the most tech savvy reviewer ( since he didnt even know where the power button was at first, and seems like he didn't really know much about the device at all ) but after watching for a few minute I figured that he is what the non maemo familiar main stream ppl are going to be like. His astonishment at how it could play videos in the browser was so funny to me... Well anyway if your like me and need to satiate your need to hold a N900 ( waiting for your preorder to ship like me ) then this is a bit of a different Video compaired to most since it kinda gives you a taste of what it will be like when you get your device in terms of setting it up out of the box... enjoy

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo2wHy2kTE4
2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxcd1...eature=related

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalladin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
he's liking it a lot

Nokia gave out a bunch of them at the SUmmit. I wish I could have gone there...

here is the third video, I dnt know much about BBC but I dnt really get these reviewers hangups on one aspect of a device with such a wide array of features, knowing its new and in early stages...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKS6b...eature=related

Watching that 'reviewer' fumble around the UI is so bloody annoying! Get a tripod ffs...

That 3rd video is crap. He needs to get a clue.

Thought the precision of the screen when setting time and so forth was a clear indicator that peoples fears about the resistive screen are completely unfounded. In fact try that level of small movement with a capacitive screen and you will be pushing poop uphill

Agree reviewer needs to invest in some high tech called a bloody tripod.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Last edited by Bratag; 2009-10-17 at 14:58.

ya i know dude, I only endured it to get the a sense of a hands on that was is from unboxing to fully up and running... The guy on the other hand is so hopeless i just try to look past his obvious ignorance of what we all know here from reading the spec's which he didn't do lol. Why cant an advent enthusiast a.k.a maemite give a good ole throw down video walk through / review that doesn't just hint at a few things then ends on all the flash player qurks...

The guy was like me when I got N900. He made same mistakes as I did. Volume control in flash videos is difficult. I use the main control in status bar. IHMO it's te easiest way.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Sheesh! he needs to RTFM before recording a demo video!!! Lovely accent, rough with the device, and his 'playing' without bothering with the instructions is... irritating.

While I do agree he needed the tripod, I kind of liked the brand new user view of the review (which I didnt really see as a review more an introduction). It showed the screen touch sensitivity well and gives a very good idea how your "average" user will react to the interface and how intuitive it is. From that point of view it was good.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Tags
getting started video