Active Topics

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
http://phones.verizonwireless.com/mo...roid-redirect1 Why didnt nokia come up with this for the n900? verizon droid advertisement.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
"anti" advertisements can easily backfire, even when they're cool.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by kryptoniankid17 View Post
Why didnt nokia come up with this for the n900?
Technically speaking, since the N900 is part of the Nseries brand, you could say Nokia did do so, just some years back:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Nokia has an internal policy about referencing competitors directly in marketing. I think it sucks, and would work wonderfully in the US, as this Verizon ad will prove, but texrat is right. I still think Nokia should've done it. The Stefan and Ricky Cadden N95 "commercials" from YouTube come to mind.

Come on, Nokia, let's talk some crap about competitors just once! I'd love to smack down some of these "mobile computers" out there.

hopefuly we will see some sort of tmobile n900 commercial. thats if it is comming.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Totally reminds me of the "Sega Genesis does what Nintendon't..." commercials [ view here ]

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I totally loved that campaign, gerbick.

And if TMoUSA had an anti BB/iPhone ad, it'd put them on the map again. The N900 would be perfect for that.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
If all agencies can come up with is things like this, they should be fired. Funny, might be - but way too easy.

Well this is what works in the US. You have no idea people still believe the iphone is the first phone to be able to access YouTube. And in the US, TV ads have big impressions. Look for the Droid to be one of the highest selling devices the quarter after its released, Android or otherwise. Americans like to be convinced, and love comparison marketing, even if it is false. Look at how successful infomercials are here. "You're gonna love my nuts" is a silly commercial, but people see the incumbent devices being fumbled with by paid actors and immediately get that burned in their consciousness. It works, and Verizon is good at it. Numbers don't lie.

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Well this is what works in the US. You have no idea people still believe the iphone is the first phone to be able to access YouTube. And in the US, TV ads have big impressions. Look for the Droid to be one of the highest selling devices the quarter after its released, Android or otherwise. Americans like to be convinced, and love comparison marketing, even if it is false. Look at how successful infomercials are here. "You're gonna love my nuts" is a silly commercial, but people see the incumbent devices being fumbled with by paid actors and immediately get that burned in their consciousness. It works, and Verizon is good at it. Numbers don't lie.
totally agree with you.

The Following User Says Thank You to kryptoniankid17 For This Useful Post: