Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
Just thought I'd remind everyone...you DO know that Chrome sends Google not just your searches, not just every link you click, but every keystroke you enter? You know that, right?

Google really is Big Brother...
But isn't Chromium the open source version of Chrome and therefore probably the Google's evil spying things have been stripped out?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Everybody who hasn't done it alllready, please click the link and hit thanks button for jacekowski

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=63

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Just thought I'd remind everyone...you DO know that Chrome sends Google not just your searches, not just every link you click, but every keystroke you enter? You know that, right?

Might be a better idea to port this then

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRWare_Iron

The Following User Says Thank You to SD. For This Useful Post:
Actually it looks like Google made all of the usage tracking optional in the latest version...

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi

This is Chromium not Chrome. I use Chromium on my iMac for reasons you describe.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Malta
One cannot but love the N900 when stuff like this comes up. Google Chrome is awesome and chromium on N900 the BEST! Hope the community will help make it better as there are some bugs here and there which obviosuly are to be expected.
Thanks again jacekowski

Thank you to all who worked on this!

I have a suggestion. Does anyone have a decent camera that could record a demo video?

I foresee this being blogworthy(read: posted on engadget) very soon and I would love to see a thoughtfully done video. I would love to do this, but lack the hardware to film my N900.

Other thoughts.

I'm on 900/500 Overclock and many functions seem to work at my netbook speed.

New tabs and the look text size of Chromium are great.

Chrome touch doesn't feel very good to use.

Tia.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
This is Chromium not Chrome. I use Chromium on my iMac for reasons you describe.
Privacy should be better with Chromium than using Chrome but I'm not an real expert on Chrome/Chromium 'cause I avoid most Google stuff like the plague and so have zero interest in either. At any rate SD definitely has the right idea with the link he posted:

Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mississauga, ON Canada
Anyone manage to get fullscreen mode? Its F11 on a pc...

Privacy should be better with Chromium than using Chrome but I'm not an real expert on Chrome/Chromium 'cause I avoid most Google stuff like the plague and so have zero interest in either. At any rate SD definitely has the right idea with the link he posted:

My sources for Chromium's security isn't any better than your's (=Wikipedia), but at least according to it all the "Google evilness" is only in Chrome. Google takes Cromium source code and adds it's user analytics stuff and branding to it. Then rebrands it as 'Chrome'.

EDIT: My understanding is that SRware strips the Chrome stuff off and basically turns your Chrome install into Chromium.

Last edited by Rauha; 2010-04-09 at 20:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:

Tags
alternative browser, alternative web browser, browser, browser war, browserd fix, chrome, chromium, fremantle, google, inferior compared to ff, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser alternative, maemo browser war, microb alternative, microb killer, web browser