Active Topics

This is what Nokia should do!! Too bad Nokia are the worst when it comes to marketing and promotion. They don't know how to hype up a powerful device or join with a carrier to make themselves popular. I DO NOT think DROID is anymore powerful than N900!!! Which is ashamed that they be the first to challenge iPhone.

Droid no doubt is going to create a dent in the market by THIS ADS ALONE!!! They're already generating buzz.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
is there not buzz by releasing the info and all the videos about the n900?

this droid ad was a verizon ad, not done by droid.

like apple, but not to the same success, verizon has always been a great marketer of their products that work on thier network, months before they get it.

it was the same with the touch blackberry.

apple screwed verizon on 2 deals in the past and originally was supposed to be releasing, after exclusive contract, a cdma unit with them.

this ad is DEFINATELY pointed directly at the iphone and its delinquencies, not neccessarily by droid, but verizon.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Let's wait for the final step before putting our judgement out. Remember that N900 is just step 4 out of 5 toward Mainstream maemo.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
Maybe Nokia is intentionally not heavily marketing it's latest Maemo device, since it's "step 4 of 5"? If this is true I really like this approach because N900's not as mainstream as Android devices at the moment.

Mainstream people should get excited about Maemo devices *only* when these devices are ready for them; otherwise you can easily imagine the reputation that these devices will get instantly: "FAIL!"

Last edited by gecebekcisi; 2009-10-21 at 04:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gecebekcisi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gecebekcisi View Post
Maybe Nokia is intentionally not heavily marketing it's latest Maemo device, since it's "step 4 of 5"? If this is true I really like this approach because N900's not as mainstream as Android devices at the moment.

Mainstream people should get excited about Maemo devices *only* when these devices are ready for them; otherwise you can easily imagine the reputation that these devices will get instantly: "FAIL!"
android has been out for over a year...so it is known, at least in the USA...where as the n900 to most is just another nokia...not known for Maemo except for us folks.

when it is launched as a subsidised product by tmo in january, it should hit mainstream pretty well.

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
when it is launched as a subsidised product by tmo in january, it should hit mainstream pretty well.
I definitely won't like to see such a great device bashed because of premature arrival with immature software (which Nokia is doing a lot recently) so I hope current issues (that mainstream would complain of a lot) got sorted out in due time.

lmao...look at the demos that are 1 month old already...and then go and grab an android unit.

dude...this n900 rocks and is fast.

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
lmao...look at the demos that are 1 month old already...and then go and grab an android unit.

dude...this n900 rocks and is fast.
I know mate, I know; that's why I am here...

But I also know that mainstream people would be complaining & creating their excuses for not buying the device when they find out what N900 can't do "out of the box".

Originally Posted by gecebekcisi View Post
I know mate, I know; that's why I am here...

But I also know that mainstream people would be complaining & creating their excuses for not buying the device when they find out what N900 can't do "out of the box".
Actually no. When they find out what a device can't do, mainstream people line up and pay PER APP in some online store. So yeah, it is about marketing and buzz among the mainstream people. With the warm feeling about their device, they will happily pay up again and again. With the N900, the buzz has been created among the Linux-savvy, and app developers, but there's no market for apps, because no mainstream buzz.

Yes, VZW did it right.

Unfortunately, the n900 is too thick and heavy to be acceptable for mainstream advertising. Its just not pocketful enough for the average Joe