Active Topics

I'm having trouble connecting to one particular email server.

It happens to be my work one. I want IMAP access. The inbound and outbound servers are the same. The inbound uses SSL for which there isn't a specific option so I've tried the IMAP4S option in the settings. The port is 993, all set correctly. The outbound access is normal login with no SSL, again set correctly I think.

I'm pretty sure my password is correct.

When I connect with Thunderbird or via Firefox I always get certificate messages to trust the website, I wonder if my 770 isn't marshalling this?

Anyone else having similar problems? I have configured another email server, a personal one, just fine, but that did not have SSL.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London
Originally Posted by Smiley Dan
Anyone else having similar problems? I have configured another email server, a personal one, just fine, but that did not have SSL.
I have kind of the same problem with my IMAP MD5 Challenge-Response authentication I use on my mailserver on OS X Server. I've tried pretty much everything bar changing the authentication method on the server which I'm not willing to do.

IMAP access to my .Mac account works fine however. Perhaps a software fix will solve the problems.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hubbardston, MA, USA
I have the same problem. I can't connect to our work imap server which uses SSL on incoming.

I cannot send email through SMTP from the 770's Inbox application, although I can easily access my POP3 email. My email provider is Bellsouth.Net, if that helps. I use 110 (POP) and 25 (SMTP) for the port numbers, which are the defaults, on my other computers in the house, which works fine.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hubbardston, MA, USA
Just a quick note..I am able to get my email via imap now using imaps (port 993)...