I'm through with being treated like an idiot.

Your stores took my preorder back in September and since then...

Nothing.

Delay upon delay and when you do finally release some info. You email some other website instead of informing us, here at the maemo community.

So I'm done.

Cancelled my preoder today and ordered a HTC HD2 because they at least

LIKE EVERY OTHER COMPANY WITH A VESTED INTEREST IN THEIR CONSUMERS

Your crap annual profit is more than justified.

**** Nokia

Didn't they post the information only here and others are sourcing it here? That happened at least in Finnish newspapers.

Last edited by mikkov; 2009-10-27 at 22:30.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
i love Nokia as well.

time for your ritalin big boy.

ordering a 'lesser' phone won't get you anywhere. don't be harsh on finland. its cold there. give the poor people a break.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0eladn For This Useful Post:
it was updated here in this blog first, then everywhere else.

I am disappointed they dint inform us about the shipping delay earlier.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ West Coast, USA
I ordered an N900 and to my knowledge the HD2 is not a "lesser" phone. I think the N900 and the HTC HD2 are probably the two top smartphones to own today or whenever they are released.

Maybe the HD2 is better than the N900 in ways such as Portrait mode since it can do almost everything in that mode whereas the N900 is still landscape. Yes we are hoping that some of the "fixes" Nokia is supposedly doing is creating more Portrait orientation on the phone so we are able to use it with one hand sometimes.

And I understand the thread creator's frustration. Why Peter and his team are being soo shallow with their communication when they know they have a bunch of upset people who pre-ordered this phone and when there is a delay, show appreciation to your consumers and give us hopeful info and accurate deadlines.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABerri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ABerri View Post
I ordered an N900 and to my knowledge the HD2 is not a "lesser" phone. I think the N900 and the HTC HD2 are probably the two top smartphones to own today or whenever they are released.

Maybe the HD2 is better than the N900 in ways such as Portrait mode since it can do almost everything in that mode whereas the N900 is still landscape. Yes we are hoping that some of the "fixes" Nokia is supposedly doing is creating more Portrait orientation on the phone so we are able to use it with one hand sometimes.

And I understand the thread creator's frustration. Why Peter and his team are being soo shallow with their communication when they know they have a bunch of upset people who pre-ordered this phone and when there is a delay, show appreciation to your consumers and give us hopeful info and accurate deadlines.
OMG, I'm sure the portrait mode will have been fixed by mid-nov or will be fixed 1 week later either by Nokia or someone else. I'm sure you can survive without a portrait mode.

N900 was not meant to be a smart phone. HD2 was. So if you are looking for a smartphone buy the HD2 instead and be done with it.

Its your first post here, why are you a part of the maemo community (not saying I am)?

And WRONG,Peter posted the delay information here first...

Your loss...

Last edited by GunnerzMate; 2009-10-27 at 22:24.

Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by fcukwaiting View Post

Your stores took my preorder back in September and since then...

Nothing.

Delay upon delay and when you do finally release some info. You email some other website instead of informing us, here at the maemo community.

So I'm done.

Cancelled my preoder today and ordered a HTC HD2 because they at least

LIKE EVERY OTHER COMPANY WITH A VESTED INTEREST IN THEIR CONSUMERS

Your crap annual profit is more than justified.

**** Nokia
I've read your post carefully, and i'm no expert but what i'm getting here is that you're slightly upset??

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Nitchers For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
No you're not. Acting like one will keep drawing you the unwanted attention

Your anger seems to be based on misinformation.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hqh For This Useful Post:
What is it with all these post of how upset people are that the N900 is delayed? Either you want a N900 or you don't.

Nokia is not Apple and I am glad they are not.

Keeping things secret until release may work for Apple but would not work for an open device like the N900.

Delays can happen and believe me Nokia wants the N900 on shelves yesterday.

Does anyone remember the Sony PS3 delay?

Just my 2 cents.

The Following User Says Thank You to sschueller For This Useful Post:
Are the people complaining asking for too much? No.

After all, we are the one spending our money to buy your product. We're just asking for a solid date, without a solid date it implies any of the following (may or may not be true, and the sad thing is that none of them are probably true):
- There is a hardware issue on the production line. Fair enough, understandable
- Your firmware is not stable and you are rushing to fix it. Doesn't inspire confidence. To not be able to give a date after the initial deadline has passed shows something serious has come up.
- Does Nokia have 'code-freeze' QA Process or do they throw the code over the wall to customers? A product of this complexity would need at least 2 weeks QA code-freeze
- Have all the pre-production units have critical features turned off? And its the enabling of these features that have de-stablized the code? i.e Nokia have trouble managing and developing complex code on schedule.

The way this release is being handled does not inspire confidence. Should non-fanboys cancel their pre-orders and just wait for non-fanboy reviews for stability and battery power?