Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Your tablet to-do application of choice
Poll Options
Your tablet to-do application of choice

I recently had a poll for what people's favorite music player was and it, at least for me - and hopefully others - gave us some ideas of apps to try out.

(I'm now for instance an almost covert to Quasar (see my sig).

Anyway, topic:
What is your favorite to-do application?

Me; I use mTasks and hometasks - to show the todo-list on my tablet's homescreen.
It works pretty well but there are some features I'm missing, etc so curious to find out what is popular 'out there'.

Last edited by Tintin; 2009-11-01 at 01:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tintin For This Useful Post:
The most user-friendly, nice looking, etc. application on Earth would do me very little good without easy synch to Outlook. Consequently, I use the default task list in Palm OS within GVM.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
liqbase
it is slowly peeking out and I like jotting notes down.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
I use GPE ToDos because I use their calendar but I don't like it. Nothing I've tried comes close to my Palm's built in task list. Given that, does anyone know of a more capable list?

I would like to see the following (N810, OS2008):

1 - Ability to set an alarm with a time and a day based on the due date offset by a number of days plus or minus. The alarm should go off each day until the task is marked complete. The N810 should wake up to display the alarm (a silent alarm with just a message would be a nice option).

2 - To Dos should be repeatable with every day, every month on the same day, and every year being the minimal set of options.

3 - The app should have an applet to display overdue tasks and the tasks due in the next X (configurable) days. If applets can have a scroll bar, this would be nice.

4 - The app should store a short title for the task and allow a longer note as part of the task.

5 - The app should interface with the cloud (e.g. Google tasks) or a desktop program.

Originally Posted by jacobmattison View Post
The most user-friendly, nice looking, etc. application on Earth would do me very little good without easy synch to Outlook. Consequently, I use the default task list in Palm OS within GVM.
maemo option for you could be zTodo with zSync - a maemo todo app that syncs to Outlook. Never tried it though.

Originally Posted by DaveP1 View Post
I use GPE ToDos because I use their calendar but I don't like it. Nothing I've tried comes close to my Palm's built in task list. Given that, does anyone know of a more capable list?

I would like to see the following (N810, OS2008):

1 - Ability to set an alarm with a time and a day based on the due date offset by a number of days plus or minus. The alarm should go off each day until the task is marked complete. The N810 should wake up to display the alarm (a silent alarm with just a message would be a nice option).

2 - To Dos should be repeatable with every day, every month on the same day, and every year being the minimal set of options.

3 - The app should have an applet to display overdue tasks and the tasks due in the next X (configurable) days. If applets can have a scroll bar, this would be nice.

4 - The app should store a short title for the task and allow a longer note as part of the task.

5 - The app should interface with the cloud (e.g. Google tasks) or a desktop program.

Not that it's really a todo-app but you can do 1 (in part), 2, 3 (in part) and 4 in for instance Seqretary.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tintin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 607 | Thanked: 450 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Washington, DC
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Not that it's really a todo-app but you can do 1 (in part), 2, 3 (in part) and 4 in for instance Seqretary.
Thanks. I looked at Seqretary when I settled on GPE Calendar and I really liked what was there but the Erming sync with Google Calendar drove me to GPE. But it's been a while and I'll have to take another look.

Thanks. I looked at Seqretary when I settled on GPE Calendar and I really liked what was there but the Erming sync with Google Calendar drove me to GPE. But it's been a while and I'll have to take another look.
As far as I know, Seqretary doesn't sync to gCalendar.
If you haven't alread maybe take a look at mcalendar. It came close to what I wanted, and does gCal syncing.

I use GPE ToDos because I use their calendar but I don't like it..
Does GPE ToDo have an Applet for displaying yout todo's on the maunscreen?
The way I use these apps that's a must for me.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Does GPE ToDo have an Applet for displaying yout todo's on the maunscreen?
Yes it does.