Notices

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
The automatic application updater is alerting me to update to various Canola2 packages. For example, Canola2 Media Player 2.0.0-maemo1 to replace 2.0.0-beta11-maemo3; and Canola2 Tuning Plugin 0.2.3-maemo1 to replace 0.2.2-maemo1.

I have any devel catalogues disabled. So this recommended update is coming from some "ordinary" repo.

But they are not installable due to conflicts (like with lots of apps whose names start with "lightmediascanner0 ... ").

So handful and you openbossa guys (or anyone else in the know): what's going on?

Having the same problem here too... any fix for this?

The Following User Says Thank You to ToniCipriani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
I think that I did ran canola-cleanup and after that istalled canola again and now it's working.

The Following User Says Thank You to makel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by makel View Post
I think that I did ran canola-cleanup and after that istalled canola again and now it's working.
I had the same problem (lightmediascanner conflicts). Ran the cleanup few times since first one didn't finish for some reason and booted and then installed the new version.

However, now the Canola tuning doesn't work so I don't have any cover art at the moment So, if yout Canola installation works, don't fix it

Canola cleanup worked for me, reinstalled Canola, but now I couldn't get Carman working. It removed it in the process, after reinstall it keeps throwing me "No Plugin Found" errors, and it couldn't access the config file.

Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
I had the same problem (lightmediascanner conflicts). Ran the cleanup few times since first one didn't finish for some reason and booted and then installed the new version.

However, now the Canola tuning doesn't work so I don't have any cover art at the moment So, if yout Canola installation works, don't fix it
What version of the tuning plugin did you install ? This problem was reported and supposed to be fixed in the latest version 0.2.3-maemo2 . Try again, and if it still does not work, then install the flickr plugin as well, and it should work after that

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I also did a cleanup - but...

Now I have no "back" button and "settings" button in the lower left and right corners.

Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
What version of the tuning plugin did you install ? This problem was reported and supposed to be fixed in the latest version 0.2.3-maemo2 . Try again, and if it still does not work, then install the flickr plugin as well, and it should work after that
It seems that I installed 0.2.3-maemo1. So I need to add Fremantle extras-devel to install this?? (Canola2 Tuning Plugin) Now I can only see maemo1 version.

Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
It seems that I installed 0.2.3-maemo1. So I need to add Fremantle extras-devel to install this?? (Canola2 Tuning Plugin) Now I can only see maemo1 version.
NO - I am not sure why you are not seeing the latest version. For me it simply showed up on Application Manager ( and No , I am not doing anything with Freemantle ) . The problem was that the tuning plugin required a module that was missing , and the flickr plugin included the same module, so if you installed the flickr plugin, the tuning plugin would start working automatically. I had filed a bug report, and the update was supposed to fix the packaging issue.

About the back and settings button disappearing, I noticed that too, but it is intermittent, and in general, version 2.0.0 has been working relatively fine, especially if you stay away from the picasa and flickr plugins

Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
NO - I am not sure why you are not seeing the latest version. For me it simply showed up on Application Manager ( and No , I am not doing anything with Freemantle ) . The problem was that the tuning plugin required a module that was missing , and the flickr plugin included the same module, so if you installed the flickr plugin, the tuning plugin would start working automatically. I had filed a bug report, and the update was supposed to fix the packaging issue.
I enabled Maemo Extras-Devel and Hackers (too lazy to add one by one to see which one was the correct one) and now I have 0.2.3-maemo2 version installed. Didn't solve the thumbnail problem though I also re-installed the flickr plugin just in case there was also something wrong with that but no help. Looks like either plugin does nothing. I don't see any new menu items anywhere. Does anyone have more good ideas?