Posts: 15 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
I came across another review of the N900 that might be of interest

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives...00-review.html

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akazero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Just read that. Only thing I can take away from it is that the author is another iPhone fanboy. Utter nonsense.

I found it interesting that the GPU in the iphone SGX535 is faster (more polygons per sec) that the GPU in the N900 SGX530. Its incredible how the iphone 3gs has been out for months and has better hardware than alot of the phones barley being released now

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I'll check it out.

Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
Just read that. Only thing I can take away from it is that the author is another iPhone fanboy. Utter nonsense.
What's iPhone fanboyish about it? He seemed to do a fair review, a bit biased towards the iPhone with some of his remarks about it's not as nice as flicking or pinching (Having used an iPhone 3G myself I never liked having to pinch or flick out to zoom in or out. I preferred double-tapping) but still pretty fair.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I am more concerned about their statements about less than good Youtube performance and Flash. This review of the N900's performance in both streaming Flash video and Youtube is almost a polar opposite of other previews.

Please read the review about the performance. If all the reviews were similar (which they are not in this regard), would you pay $650 for this device?

Is this review an anomaly or correct? Di the reviewer have multiple apps running which caused Youtube and Flash to bog down?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Is this review an anomaly or correct? Di the reviewer have multiple apps running which caused Youtube and Flash to bog down?
I don't have any YouTube issues here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Makes perfect sense. The problem is how many sales are impacted by Uber's pre-review? The review appears to not convey an accurate view of video and Flash when compared to posts of current N900 users and other reviews.

Again, would you pay $650 based on Uber's pre-review?
They did mention the device is not a final, but the results of the review could be taken wrong.

They did mention that the videos shown on youtube seem to have better flash/youtube performance than their n900. Could just be their unit.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
I've had occasional lag, but I get that on my PC too.

Yeah, overall, I'm VERY impressed with Flash and YouTube in particular. BIG improvements over N8xx.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post: