Active Topics

http://www.ctoedge.com/content/smart...oubles-netbook
Read this last line
"Agarwal said Nokia already has a carrier for the N900, but won't reveal which one until later in the month."
It HAS to be Tmobile, right? With the 3G thing..
Maybe this is the delay? The Tmobile Announcement?

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
if this is indeed true, do you guys think i should cancel my pre-order with newegg. I know its the cheapest price out there right now, but I'm fully eligible for an upgrade with tmobile, so if they do indeed get it in lets say december, or even january...then i'd rather get it for 199.99 (considering that droid is goin for that price with verizon, i'm hoping tmobile do the same with n900) SHOULD I JUST WAIT FOR IT? Its already killin me to wait this long, but since i'm purchasing 2 N900 (one for my gf, and one for me)...Instead of spending about $1,200, i'd get it for way cheaper (this is considering the price to be $199.99)

thanks,
Priyank

TMobile isn't doing subsidies anymore, now they have this 20 month payment thing where you can pay your phone in 20 installments (though this is dependent on your credit rating and TMobile credit rating if you have been a TMobile customer before).

So it would make sense if they had the break the n900 price into a 20 month installment plan.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
Sounds like its T-mobile to me. Other than the 1700mhz 3G band, many rumors on T-mobile already announced project black/dark mentioned about carrying n900 as well.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
TMobile isn't doing subsidies anymore, now they have this 20 month payment thing where you can pay your phone in 20 installments (though this is dependent on your credit rating and TMobile credit rating if you have been a TMobile customer before).

So it would make sense if they had the break the n900 price into a 20 month installment plan.

YEA, but there has to be some sort of benefit for extending my contract for 2 more years. I've been with them since 2003 (my first cell phone) and now my contract has been up since september, so i figured if i sign up for 2 years with them, i'll get it for cheaper?

So it's 650Mhz and not 600Mhz? Which is it?

Originally Posted by ppriyank View Post
YEA, but there has to be some sort of benefit for extending my contract for 2 more years. I've been with them since 2003 (my first cell phone) and now my contract has been up since september, so i figured if i sign up for 2 years with them, i'll get it for cheaper?
You can try but as far as I know they're not planning on subsidizing anymore devices since Project Black landed.

@romanianusa

You talking about the speed? It's 600 Mhz.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
see: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=46

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
You can try but as far as I know they're not planning on subsidizing anymore devices since Project Black landed.

@romanianusa

You talking about the speed? It's 600 Mhz.
Yes they do. They don;t subsidize if you get the Even More PLUS, which is without contract. Basically, it's $80/month for unlimited everything without a contract but you pay full price for the phone, and no upgrade. But no contract.
OR, you pay $100 a month for unlimited everything, and you get subsidies and upgrades like before.
The one downside is if you move to Even More PLUS, you cannot move back to Just Even More ever. So you HAVE to make sure you don't need phone subsidies. If you DO get Even More Plus, though, you can choose to pay off the phone in 20 installments, or 4 installments. But full price, still.
Their plans are a tad confusing now, yes, but that is how it works

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainGinyu For This Useful Post:

That's not correct. On the Even More plans, the phones are subsidized and you can pay for them on a 20-month plan. On the the Even More Plus plans the phones are not subsidized and you can also get the 20-month payment option. And it's the same selection of phones on both types of plans. [Edit: Looks like CaptainGinyu beat me to the punch. Hope my explanation is also useful.]

That aside, it seems like it would have to be T-Mobile for the N900, given the 1700 3G band. There have been a lot of rumors about T-Mobile releasing the N900 already. Of course, to get the subsidy, you'd have to sign up for a two year contract on an Even More plan, which is $20 more per month for the plans with data. So over the two years you'd pay $480 more in the monthly cost of your plan, plus the presumably $199 up front for the device. That means You'd pay a total of $679 extra, which is $100 more expensive that just buying the N900 outright from Amazon and even more expensive than the worst price you can get buying directly from Nokia ($649). This is the great lie of phone subsidies, they're a bad deal for the consumer and the carriers make money on them in the long run.

The Following User Says Thank You to cb474 For This Useful Post: