The reason is very simple and clear. There are different country languages and fonts, how come a Internet tablet can only browse 15 Languages (regions) Webpages and Internet resources.

I really don't get it. The Internet concept is always globally. this is why android, iphone and MW, these mature systems naturely support multiple regions to conver the almost counties in the world.

finally, the most ridiculous thing is the maemo system is a linux-kernal mobile system, it is a open source and globally community product, however the N900 is fianlly make as an another toy, which is just to satisify the European rather than the world.

Is it possible of Nokia want to get back the lost maket from N900 or Maemo? Who knows, maybe just a dream.

yes because it's an internet tablet.
but why support languages where the phone is not offered?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to draco.bdn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
There was me thinking that the whole impetous behind Linux in general was that the community NOT a single organisation made it reach everywhere. Customisation of the software for new fonts etceteras is a community effort.

If you are referring to the physical hardware then there are obvious commercial reasons for frequencies & keyboards. I'm sure if there is support then that can be addressed. If not then maybe a community update to the soft keyboard? Not ideal but a step in the right direction?

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
You can browse any language for which you have the fonts. Only the interface languages available are limited.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lonelybug View Post
The reason is very simple and clear. There are different country languages and fonts, how come a Internet tablet can only browse 15 Languages (regions) Webpages and Internet resources.

I really don't get it. The Internet concept is always globally. this is why android, iphone and MW, these mature systems naturely support multiple regions to conver the almost counties in the world.

finally, the most ridiculous thing is the maemo system is a linux-kernal mobile system, it is a open source and globally community product, however the N900 is fianlly make as an another toy, which is just to satisify the European rather than the world.

Is it possible of Nokia want to get back the lost maket from N900 or Maemo? Who knows, maybe just a dream.
what is a internet tablet then?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
great tag whoever added "this guy's dumb"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to njoughin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lonelybug View Post

The internet concept is always globally. Therefore everybody should try to speak the same language, and stop f***king around with exotic languages :P

So by not supporting every language there is, the N900 is not an Internet tablet? oO I dont get it ... You are right though that the N900 should support many languages and could therefor be released in many countries

@Omniscy: Ok, lets all speak german It was the mathematical language of the world

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by omniscy View Post
The internet concept is always globally. Therefore everybody should try to speak the same language, and stop f***king around with exotic languages :P
Leave the Bigoted responses at home please!

Chinese is spoken by more people than any other language to the best of my knowledge so if you are talking about a common language I think you might loose that one on a numbers basis.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Breece View Post
So by not supporting every language there is, the N900 is not an Internet tablet? oO I dont get it ... You are right though that the N900 should support many languages and could therefor be released in many countries

@Omniscy: Ok, lets all speak german It was the mathematical language of the world

Eine sehr gute Idee!

@tags: this guys dumb - haha

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Tags
cool story bro, cunning linguist, dumb thread read if bored, he can't get an n900, he loves the iphone..., stop the sexism, toe, too long didn't read, turning japanese, wooptadeedoo!, yes we know why, you're lonely