My apologies if this has already been addressed, I searched around and couldn't find anything.

I currently use a Nokia e71, big fan of the phone. First Nokia since about 10 years ago, got it after I dropped my Blackberry in the toilet by accident . Anyway, the antenna placement on the e71 drives me nuts. With how you hold the phone for texts and even calling, depending on hand position, you block the cellular antenna and you can watch the signal drop through the floor. To the point where I type a text and then hold it at the top so it will send. I noticed the N900 antenna is in the same spot when holding the phone in portrait mode. I'm hoping the antenna is actually in the screen body so when you're typing your hand doesn't cover it but I was wondering if anyone with one has noticed any issues with this?

The User Guide shows where the antenna is.
See picture attached.
From what I can see, looks like your hand might be covering the cellular antenna.
Attached Images

I found that. From the picture you can't tell which part of the body it is in (keyboard or screen portion) which will make a difference when you're holding it to type. If it's in the screen I doubt there is much issue, if it's in the keyboard though every time you type you're going to be covering it.

Originally Posted by egrims View Post
I found that. From the picture you can't tell which part of the body it is in (keyboard or screen portion) which will make a difference when you're holding it to type. If it's in the screen I doubt there is much issue, if it's in the keyboard though every time you type you're going to be covering it.
The antenna would be located in the body, or the keyboard as you call it.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
maybe you find some at the FCCs but I doubt it, as far as I can see its in the kbd shell but that should not be a problem, there were no complaints by "This is SPARTA!" the 300

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=829132&fcc_i d='LJPRX-51'

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Istanbul, Turkey
I guess that positioning is needed to reduce RF absorption while on call without handsfree or headphones used, so it's a choice of better reception or better health in long term.
|[ Maemo 5 101 / Maemo 5'e Giriş ][ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) / Sık Sorulan Sorular (SSS) ]|
If I can help with anything else, just ask / Yardımcı olabileceğim birşey varsa, sormaktan çekinmeyin