I don't have a PS3 or a Wii. But I do have DrNokSnes on my N900 and I saw videos on hooking up a Wii/PS3 controller to the N900 so you can play SNES games on the TV, etc. I also play DOOM, Quake 2/3, PSX, Duke Nukem 3D. What controller would be best for me? PS3 or Wii? Do I need to buy a certain model? What works best with the N900?

Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
I don't have a PS3 or a Wii. But I do have DrNokSnes on my N900 and I saw videos on hooking up a Wii/PS3 controller to the N900 so you can play SNES games on the TV, etc. I also play DOOM, Quake 2/3, PSX, Duke Nukem 3D. What controller would be best for me? PS3 or Wii? Do I need to buy a certain model? What works best with the N900?
i'd go for the ps3 pad, more buttons = more compatibility with games, afaik any game that allows definable keys will work fine, i use mine for the emulators, altho when connected the phone does suffer a slight performance hit.
any wireless model will work, use "glove pie" on a pc with the pad connected via cable to reprogram the bluetooth address of the phone into it.
download the drivers etc on phone and off ya go!!!

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 215 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
though i'm not a fan of the dualshock at all, it seems to be the better choice for the n900.
if you're fine with only playing nes-games, a wiimote will do the job as well (obviously), but any game that requires more than a dpad and 2 button will be complicated with a wiimote alone.

while we are at it: does the classic controller work on the n900 by now?

Nope, the wii control app hasn't been updated in months, it is really rather useless-go with a PS3 controller.. just make sure its official or it won't work

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colorado
What about the Xbox 360 controler, could the FM transmitter be modified to support the freequince range the controler opperates on?

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 322 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
If you wait a bit you can get the GameGripper, it's basically a pad that you put over your ordinary N900 keyboard and thus you can have the N900 in your hand while playing. It should be available end of June - Beginning of July. Look here(on the bottom there's a note about N900): http://www.game-gripper.eu/

EDIT: Oh, and the battery life of your N900 will be better compared to if you would use a Wiimote or a PS3 controller