Active Topics

Hey guys and dvelopers,

Is it possible to create a Clock widget (with different skins) like the standard one on Android?? Pls pls pls!!!

Many thanks!!!

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-12 at 23:47. Reason: Title Change

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
This post is unique I would say.

If you want people to actually listen to you.. You might want to read the forum rules.. and maybe post this in the brainstorm forum? maybe.

Hey guys and developers,

Is it possible to create a Clock widget (with different skins) like the standard one on Android?? Pls pls pls!!!

Many thanks!!!

Thanks for the advice, sorry I'm new over here.. Actually, I moved this topic to the brainstorm forum section already.. so admins please delete this thread!!!

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
First of all, this is the wrong section. You are asking for features not providing information about possible new ones, so this thread should go to applications.
Now, that that's said, ofc it is possible to use the hildon libs to create such a widget for Maemo5. Experienced Maemo devs should be able to do that in no time. Have a look in extras-devel (I guess you are referring to the N900, so this is your link: http://repository.maemo.org/extras/pool/fremantle/), maybe there is one already.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Hi & welcome to the forum!
I simply don't know Android, but there is an app called "Mclock" to put on the desktop. It is currently tested and once it is "good enough" it will be available from the Extras Repository in the Application Manager.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Uppsala,Sweden
I'm certain there will be a simple clock widget for maemo avaliable sooner or later. As Cherrypie said, it is quite a simple app to make. But maybe the Android clock is more than that? Could you tell us what features in the Android clock that you wish for the most?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davost For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ruslex View Post
Yes, it is possible.

Thanks for info, I wish I could develop it.. The android widget is simple, it's just an animated clock where the second hand is constantly moving.. Plus it has a lot of high-res skins for personalization!! It's really awesome feature on android!!

People are still using anolog clocks ? ah ah, that's one thing I never liked with Android, no nice digital clock. I'd rather have a big digital clock that tells me the time in a milliseconds.