Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Guys, quick question...

Does anyone know what Web 'n' Walk actually includes? I have been searching for a break down of the service and can't seem to find an answer??? Just for info: I am getting N900 on Combi 35 + Web 'n' Walk - pretty sweet deal.

Does it include all internet usage, i.e. msn, emails, etc etc and what do we get charged for VOIP, tethering etc?

If someone can just give me a list of internet usage common things and put yes or no next to them that would be great.

Lastly, does anyone know about the different packages T-mobile offer, like Web 'n' Walk plus etc etc I believe there are three packages and still I can't find what EXACTLY they are, very annoying

Thanks for your help in advance.....

The Following User Says Thank You to davedickson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
How's this for t's and c's

Provides unlimited browsing on mobile handsets in the UK.
Not applicable to connection via CSD.
To ensure a high quality of service for all our customers a fair use policy applies.

T-Mobile defines fair use as total UK data (both sent and received) of up to 1GB per month. T-Mobile may contact customers who exceed 1GB of data and ask them to reduce their usage. If data usage is not reduced, notice may be given, after which network protection controls may be applied.

Not to be used for other activities (including but not limited to) : modem access for computers, internet based video/audio streaming services, peer to peer file sharing, internet based video downloads, internet phone calls and instant messaging. If such use is detected, notice may be given after which network protection controls may be applied.
The application of network protection controls will result in a reduced speed of transmission.

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Lol just noticed something else - above all of that was this

More than just Browsing and Email***
You're not just limited to browsing the web and email. So long as the software is available and your device supports it you can make use of Web 'n' Walk to do instant messaging using MSN Mobile, make free internet calls worldwide with Skype Mobile, developers and IT professionals can even login to remote SSH servers using tools like Pocket Putty or use your phone as a modem to connect your laptop. Using these services may be in breach of T-Mobiles fair usage policy.

Well hang on a minute.... It states "Not to be used for internet phone calls". - so T-mobile have effctivly contradicted themselves!!

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Not to be used for other activities (including but not limited to) : modem access for computers, internet based video/audio streaming services, peer to peer file sharing, internet based video downloads, internet phone calls and instant messaging. If such use is detected, notice may be given after which network protection controls may be applied.
The application of network protection controls will result in a reduced speed of transmission.
Where did you get this from? I looked everywhere

Internet based video/audio streaming services? Internet based video downloads - what do you think they mean -- you tube??? Cant be???

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Lol just noticed something else - above all of that was this

More than just Browsing and Email***
You're not just limited to browsing the web and email. So long as the software is available and your device supports it you can make use of Web 'n' Walk to do instant messaging using MSN Mobile, make free internet calls worldwide with Skype Mobile, developers and IT professionals can even login to remote SSH servers using tools like Pocket Putty or use your phone as a modem to connect your laptop. Using these services may be in breach of T-Mobiles fair usage policy.

Well hang on a minute.... It states "Not to be used for internet phone calls". - so T-mobile have effctivly contradicted themselves!!
Well you probably can use it for IM and VoIP but you'll have to pay!!

Originally Posted by davedickson View Post
Where did you get this from? I looked everywhere

Internet based video/audio streaming services? Internet based video downloads - what do you think they mean -- you tube??? Cant be???
Got in on the UK t-mobile pages.... - saved the bookmark, but on my pc at work yesterday - will grab it when i am back in on tues