Posts: 59 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wageningen (NL)
Hi all,

How can I make ESBox do code completion in Python files?

I am new to hildon and gtk, so I could use some help discovering available methods etc while typing... How can I configure ESBox to complete code for those libraries?

Being a Java programmer using Eclipse, I am used to code completion everywhere. Hopefully the same is possible for Python.

Jaap

ESBox incorporates a somewhat outdated version of Pydev, the Eclipse Python support. Originally Pydev did not have code completion, you had to buy a license for the commercial Pydev Extensions to get that feature. However, with Pydev 1.5 the Pydev Extension functionality was incorporated and released as Open Source. Unfortunately, there is currently no (easy) way to upgrade ESBox's Pydev to 1.5, since they modified Pydev somewhat. Trying to install Pydev 1.5 using the Pydev update site won't work, and manually copying the 1.5 files to the appropriate directories and removing Pydev 1.4.7 will just break ESBox Python support.

So I guess the only options left are either waiting or using stock Eclipse with Pydev.