+ Good sound quality from speakers/phone
+ Pretty fast camera
+ Good keyboard
+ USB charging/sync
+ Customizable desktop
+ Fast GPS lock
+ Nice Task Switching
+ Very nice OS

- Scrolling anywhere is like a bunch of mini seizures, really close together. In other words, garbage. Why the hell is this not perfectly smooth like the iPhone? It's the same hardware.
- Missing features that make you go WTF: no playlists, no searching email.
- WTF do you sync with...you get OVI links from the factory yet you try ovi suite and you get "device not supported". Typical Nokia garbage.
- Desktop widgets are cool but take facebook and news...you get 2-3 lines that keep scrolling and no way to make the widget larger. Completely useless.
- Music player widget is great but does not work with A2DP. Why?
- RSS reader is slow as hell to update (wifi or not). Scrolling is painfull at best.
- Transitions in the OS are nice but they often turn choppy and fail altogether. If you want to use transitions see that 2 year old device...what was it again...oh yeah.
- Try playing music and going online at the same time. The choppy scrolling gets even worse. Can I still scroll in the browser? Yeah. Is it painful as hell? Yeah.

Browser:

+ Pages load fast considering everything it's loading.
- Scrolling through bookmarks is slow as hell. Why?
- Scrolling through pages you get the checkered pattern VERY often. Sometimes you sit there for 3-5 seconds waiting for the scroll to catch up. WTF?
- Sometimes the pages get messed up with previous pages. Half the page would be the current page, half the previous page. You have to either reload the page or scroll over the messed up area to refresh it. WTF?
- Clicking back brings up this nifty history view. Nice. Now I have to factor in 5-10 seconds every time I want to click back? Have a history button and have the back button do just that: TAKE YOU BACK. No, I don't want to press backspace.
- Flash...yeah it does flash and youtube videos. If you feel like waiting 20 seconds for the video to catch up to the audio every time you move the page while playing the video then this device is for you.

Conclusion

I could go on and on but in a few words: THIS PHONE IS GARBAGE. I like it for what it can do but it doesn't do anything better than other phones out there. The experience is still painful. All the fragmented scrolling and painfull transitions make you feel like you're asking the device to do too much. Over-planned features are everywhere and yet not fully implemented (widgets, what widgets?). Basic functions are missing.

Where are the apps? WTF do you sync with? Why isn't there a central support page for this phone..etc.etc. I don't think Nokia has their stuff together and doubt they ever will. For me, this was Nokia's last chance to continue earning my business after all the garbage I bought from them over the years. Let's see how it pans out with some firmware updates but I am starting to get the feeling we're all wasting our time.

The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to Megacrazy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Looks like theres work to do.

Want to sell?

Haha no...I will enjoy the hell out of this phone you kidding me

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Do you want some cheese with that whine? I have a nice bit of Roquefort here....

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hypnotik For This Useful Post:
let the auction start

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Northern Ireland
Will defo wait to try one out before I go jumping in head first tho

The Following User Says Thank You to r-t-q For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
Do you want some cheese with that whine? I have a nice bit of Roquefort here....
Mmmmm...that doesn't sound half bad actually.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megacrazy For This Useful Post:
If it's garbage why not sell it?

Come on... start the bidding @ about US$300 there about I'm game!111

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Ovek For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Megacrazy View Post
Haha no...I will enjoy the hell out of this phone you kidding me

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to brog For This Useful Post:

Tags
close me please, cry me a river, delete me, old thread, worstthreadever