Active Topics

hey guys i was hopin u cud help me wit this simple prob on my n900. all the tags for photos in the photo gallery, i can select and unselect tags from photos and add, but how do i remove tags that i added myself from the selection of available tags?

thanks...and the n900 is awesome...love it, no1 wil regret a purchase.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Why would you want to remove tags?

Because you clicked the wrong tag in the cloud originally? Because that person no longer belongs under "friends"? Because when you tagged it originally you didn't feel like creating a more meaningful and less generic tag and now it fits better under something else? Or how about just because?

It is something your average user just expects to be able to do. Now I can see it not being a design priority but it really shouldn't be that hard. I assume you can add tags later right? Should just be able to reclick a selected tag and it is untagged.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JackBeSlow For This Useful Post:
Because there are a lot of tags I put up, which I did not then need...the answer from another forum is when u delete all pix which have that tag, the tag doesnt show up.

Which makes sense, but having the option to delete a tag wud be an easy to way to not associate it with all the pix it was associated with, without having to unselect each photo individually.

The Following User Says Thank You to zfarooq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
I see.
Feel free to post an enhancement request in bugs.maemo.org (against "Images and Camera" product) also explaining the reasoning behind the request.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
You could just disable the tag on each picture the tag is available.

The tag will then magically disappear!

The idea behind this is that if a tag isn't used, it will automatically be deleted. That means if you want to use that tag again, you just have to enter it again.

Oh wait, I was a bit too fast on that one. I just clicked around and I got my tag once to disappear, but that was probably just because I didn't press done. It appears that you really can't remove a tag very easily. I'll further look into this.

Last edited by Chaosteil; 2009-11-26 at 11:07.

Originally Posted by zfarooq View Post
Because there are a lot of tags I put up, which I did not then need...the answer from another forum is when u delete all pix which have that tag, the tag doesnt show up.

Which makes sense, but having the option to delete a tag wud be an easy to way to not associate it with all the pix it was associated with, without having to unselect each photo individually.
I did this and it didn't work for me... Anyone else run into the same problem?

perhaps filter all the pix, using the tag you want to delete.

The ones that come up delete or select and remove that tag.

Hopfully after doing that the tag shudnt be there...I had to get rid of some ''inappropriate'' tags this way

I filtered by tag and there were no images. =(

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Same for me. Filter on tags, but no images show up.

The Following User Says Thank You to thorbo For This Useful Post: