Active Topics

Guys, need help on setting up Yahoo.com web mail on N900

Have tried and tried but going through automated set up, as soon as you hit save, it has a three second think about the settings, then yellow bar shows saying username or password is incorrect

having tried all variations of what username could be, and making sure password was in right case etc etc still nothing

Anyone managed to succesfully do this as yet? i searched forum and no one else lists a similar issue

Thanks

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
if you log in to the e-mail page of yahoo with your pc, you should find a manual somewhere where it is explained step by step how to set up mail clients for usage with yahoo mail, which provides also smtp(outgoing) and imap/pop(ingoing) server addresses that are important.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cherrypie For This Useful Post:
The easiest option (which I'm using atm) is to sign up for Nokia Messaging - http://email.nokia.com
Then add Yahoo email.

On N900, add Nokia Messaging.
Nokia Messaging will do all the settings stuff. Apparently there's a unique IMAP server address for Nokia that Yahoo provided.
All you have to do is type in your Yahoo email + password like I did.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
The easiest option (which I'm using atm) is to sign up for Nokia Messaging - http://email.nokia.com
Then add Yahoo email.

Nokia Messaging will do all the settings stuff. Apparently there's a unique IMAP server address for Nokia that Yahoo provided.
Didn't know about that one, thank you.
Is that working for other mail services aswell and will your emails be merged in one nokia messaging account, or do you have to create a seperate for every e-mail service?

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

CherryPie - thanks for the help, works straight away, this n900 is awesome

touch wood had no system problems/reboots or anything as yet and had ~20hrs

Originally Posted by njoughin View Post
CherryPie - thanks for the help, works straight away, this n900 is awesome

touch wood had no system problems/reboots or anything as yet and had ~20hrs
Glad to hear that.

-Albert Camus

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Is that working for other mail services aswell and will your emails be merged in one nokia messaging account, or do you have to create a seperate for every e-mail service?
You can add up to 10 e-mail accounts to your Nokia Messaging account. I haven't tried how this works in practice. At least on S60 you can have them pushed to your handset right away, you don't have to keep checking the mail manually.

Just beware, it may be free at the moment but Nokia makes deals with operators for them to offer the service. I had a Nokia Messaging account and used it without a fee until my operator made a deal with Nokia and now I would have to pay the operator ~5 euros a month for the service.

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
Nokia Messaging has similar behaviour to the popular Blackberry email push system.
It'll 'sniff' for new emails on all of your accounts, then push them to the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago, IL
i was having that same problem. I added the Nokia Messaging first, waited until it updates, THEN add the Yahoo! Mail and any other service you want.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to bachatera_21 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Then add Yahoo email.

Well when you sign up, Nokia ask for a phone number but i don't have the phone number for the new device yet. Why can't you set up so it can check mail with wi-fi.