Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I keep all of my contacts from my Symbian devices in a folder on my desktop PC. I've copied the folder to the N900's mass memory. I'm trying to import them to the N900 Contacts app. I see how to do it, but it only lets me import one at a time, which is bad for me since I have hundreds of Vcards.

Any way to select all and import?

What devices do you have?
I had problems importing to N900 using PC Suite.

What I did was, import all the contacts you need to transfer to the N900 into PC Suite and sync it to an Symbian device (in my case N97)

Then on the N900, choose Import in Contacts and use Retrieve Data
Turn on the Bluetooth on the N97, the N900 should now be able to find it and start pulling all the contacts & calendars & notes from the N97 into N900

PC Suite does suck and Ovi Suite isn't support yet.
Nokia should really get this fix. Perhaps delaying the N900 was a good idea to get the ground structures all implemented first before releasing the device that none of Nokia software can fully support it.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
I managed to copy my contacts from my N95 8GB to my N900. No problem using the sync function over bluetooth.
As well as calender/notes, too bad I can't transfer my bookmarks and SMS.

Last edited by Guyver; 2009-11-28 at 03:02.

No easy way to import contacts? Wow Nokia!!!

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I don't think you guys understand. I'm testing the capabilities of the device. I already know about BT transfer. What I'm trying to do is transfer from PC to device. I've already copied all of the contacts to the mass memory via drag and drop. But to add them to Contacts, I have to add them one at a time. Is there a way to add all or select all? How do you select multiple items to add?

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I don't have a S60 phone. All my contacts are in my Palm Treo 680 using Palm OS. I back them up to Outlook.

Is there no way to import directly from Outlook? Certainly that can't be?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Prague, Czech Republic
les_garten: You can sync N900 with Outlook using Nokia PC Suite.

Have somebody found way how to get messages from Symbian devices to N900?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I don't think you guys understand. I'm testing the capabilities of the device. I already know about BT transfer. What I'm trying to do is transfer from PC to device. I've already copied all of the contacts to the mass memory via drag and drop. But to add them to Contacts, I have to add them one at a time. Is there a way to add all or select all? How do you select multiple items to add?
Chris, use the PC Suite programme, that's what it was designed for. As for importing multiple vcards, I couldn't even do that on my S60 device.

Well to make your life easier it might have exported all your contacts to a single .vcf file.

I don't imagine that people importing hundreds of vCards is a normal use-case. If it's a specific problem for you, as you can't use sync or go back and export as a single .vcf, the code necessary to import them is pretty simple so you could write yourself a little app to import them all.

When I moved from my 6300 I just told PC Suite to backup my contacts, attached the N900 and told it to restore them to it.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Well to make your life easier it might have exported all your contacts to a single .vcf file.

I don't imagine that people importing hundreds of vCards is a normal use-case. If it's a specific problem for you, as you can't use sync or go back and export as a single .vcf, the code necessary to import them is pretty simple so you could write yourself a little app to import them all.

When I moved from my 6300 I just told PC Suite to backup my contacts, attached the N900 and told it to restore them to it.
I moved from an E61 - the N900 just dragged the whole set via bluetooh sync and worked fiune. Even had the thumbnails.

Last edited by Fargus; 2009-11-28 at 13:21. Reason: Typo (again)

The Following User Says Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post: