Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Philadelphia, PA
In anticipation of getting my N900, I started to have a look around Ovi.com.

So - I'm wondering - do Ovi mail & calendar sync perfectly with the N900? I would hope so.

The services don't seem bad at all - but before I begin using them I want to know if it's worth moving away from gmail/cal. 100% integration is the only bonus.

Thoughts/comments appreciated.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Philadelphia, PA
I guess not.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I use Ovi mail and share. Happy with both. Ovi maps is good on Symbian, but terrible on Maemo.

Don't use Ovi for sync and can't comment, sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
The only Ovi module I currently use actively is Ovi Mail. Am awaiting Ovi Maps (3.0) to support my N900.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
I also have used ovi mail, sync, maps on my nokia 5800. all worked well for me. I also used the music store on my pc as well as ota and ovi suite to do my backups and such. I am pretty content with it at a high level. I love being able to compose sms, pick up voice calls (routed to headset) etc right from my desk w.o having to pull my phone out of my pocket. hopefully updates will give me all the same tools and functionality with my n900 (sitting in a box in my foyer as we speak)

I use the Ovi Application store that now isn't that bad at all with the selection. Not fan of the UI of it thought.
Ovi Maps 3.0.

Not much to see when it comes to OVI with N900 yet, but really hoping they get this fixed fast.