Posts: 42 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leeds, United Kingdom
I have been eagerly awaiting the n900 for some time now. I had my order placed on amazon back on Oct 7th and guess what.... im still waiting!

Now I know there have been alot of posts about when its being release, who's getting theres and even some mad people, not happy that they have to wait but surely its time nokia made a press release about the device if they are not able to deliver.

My mate placed an order on MPD last week and was told he would receive delivery on the coming saturday. The weekend came and went with no phone arriving. So he called up, only to be told that the device was delayed until 31st december as all units were being recalled. It was apparently due to a fault on the touch screen which had been detected on the n97 and is present on the n900?!?!? Fact or fiction???

I would rather the device was working without issue, that is without a doupt. However isnt this a massive failure on nokia's part, since we are now in december, christmas is only a few weeks away and this is prime sales time. Ive had my order delayed now 3 times, with an estimated delivery on the 17th Dec now (from amazon) which Im no longer confident will arrive.

Come on Nokia, pluck up the courage and annouce whats going on, otherwise you might just find your sales going the wrong way soon!

It hasn't been recalled. Just lack of stock and due to exclusivity.

No idea where is touch screen issue is coming from, first time hearing it.
Some source or official posts?

Direct from MobilePhonesDirect (nokia retail). My friend called up and that is what the sales person told him. It sounded fishy to me but i was after some kind of answer really.

Man, the amount of FUD on this board is unbelievable.

If companies recall products, they have to issue humiliating press releases (not least so they don't mislead investors). See the recent battery mess up from Nokia.

If there had been an N900 recall we would have seen it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcs1000 For This Useful Post:
rcs1000 - you have an interesting point and agree with you totally as for the FUD well its to be expected really. Everyone is so excited about the phone, hardly suprising some get a little worked up lol

I for one will be patient for it......I WANT IT NOW he he he

Originally Posted by thundercat600 View Post

I would rather the device was working without issue, that is without a doupt. However isnt this a massive failure on nokia's part, since we are now in december, christmas is only a few weeks away and this is prime sales time. Ive had my order delayed now 3 times, with an estimated delivery on the 17th Dec now (from amazon) which Im no longer confident will arrive.

My device is working without issue, no restart so far. Everything just works. You don't need to be some tech genuis to use it either everything is pretty straight forward. I really do think this is a great device, you properly get internet email etc. on your phone, no compromise. I wish my computer would run for 5 days without restarting!
I suspect they were expecting interest of the order of their previous tablet devices not the interest it is getting.

Lies, many a happy N900 owners on this board. Also some with issues but I doubt enough for a product recall.

Would have been more believable if whoever started this rumour had done their homework and claimed it was for microphone failures.

One of the lucky ones.... dont tell me how nice it is, thats just being cruel

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I have been trying hard to crash my N900 but no joy. This is excellent. Truly excellent device