Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Destructive scratch test of the N900 screen (and rather lengthy delivery delay rant):

http://www.tehkseven.net/news/nokia-...ng-experience/

Summary: Easier to scratch than N97; semi-scratchable by coin, scratchable by key.

Edit:
Part two, drop test (see post #21):

http://www.tehkseven.net/news/nokia-...00-drop-tests/

Part three, pocket test (see post #48):

http://www.tehkseven.net/news/nokia-...-pocket-tests/

Last edited by nymajoak; 2009-12-03 at 08:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nymajoak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
verdict: use a screen protector and everything will go better than expected...

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
Nice if they had a declaration of interest preceding their affiliate link to the buy-a-screen-protector site though

The Following User Says Thank You to kwotski For This Useful Post:
Dead pixels and easily scratched screens...disappointing

Also at 4:16, it really seems like the screen was scratched even by the stylus.

Last edited by unkno; 2009-12-02 at 01:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkno For This Useful Post:
Eesh, good thing I'm going use a full body protector + case lol. Though I'm usually very good about keeping my pocket with the n800 free of anything but paper.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

lol wow....

I am very disappointed with the results, i already have two small hair thin scratches ugh

now that we know the screen is easily scratch-able and a screen protector a must, does its turn the 'touch experience' to frustration?

Last edited by bugelrex; 2009-12-02 at 02:30.

now that we know the screen is easily scratch-able and a screen protector a must, does its turn the 'touch experience' to frustration without the stylus?

Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
now that we know the screen is easily scratch-able and a screen protector a must, does its turn the 'touch experience' to frustration?
Depends on the screen protector you get. For example, I have an InvisibleShield (one of the thicker ones) on my n800 (yes n800 not n900) and the touch screen is easily still usable until you try to draw nice pictures on it. That's my main problem with it, if you want to use it for really precise stylus actions a thick touchscreen is going to throw a wrench in that real quick. Granted I'm not much of an artist to begin with so it just might be my terrible drawing skill.

But I've noticed occasionally it'll shift a few pixels over from where I intended to draw which then makes it fun cause then you have to erase it.

Edit: I wonder what would have happened if that video used an American coin that has ridges.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2009-12-02 at 02:35.