Active Topics

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Cabot, Arkansas
Looking for some help, I am trying to get ssl working on ettercap, i have enabled iptables, nat, ipforwarding edited etter.conf and i am able to dissect protocols and put myself in the middle (MITM) of target. However whenever i try a https on the target computer the connection times out. I think it has something to do with the forwarding of the SSL certificate but not sure.

Does anyone have any advice for me? BTW i am doing this out of curiosity and to demonstrate to family the importance of securing there wireless network. I am able to this on my Backtrack distro, and would like to be able to do it with my tablet.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Update, I got ettercap with plugins and SSL working on my n810 thanks to luddek. I had to recompile the diablo kernel with the .config file he provided me. If anyone is interested in doing this, private message me and i can help point you in the right direction.

Do you rebuild kernel without patches?

I didnt apply any patches besides the config file. The only thing ive noticed that was effected was the google talk presence login wasnt working due to ssl authentication falure. could be unrelated but Im not really worried by it. the application manager and everything else is working fine.