Active Topics

So, Ive realized that in order to get Gmail working properly, I need to use it through Nokia Messaging.

However, I also realize that I need to create an actual Nokia Messaging account before I can use it?

So I go to http://email.nokia.com/ and try to set up an account. I select my device (the N900) and type in my phone number and then I get the message that I already have the latest Nokia Messaging software. However, I still dont have a username or password? :S

Where do I create the account?

Kind Regards

Last edited by Untouchab1e; 2009-12-04 at 22:20.

From the link you posted click on the 'get started' button at the top of the page.

Enter mobile number, select device then scroll down and click next..... fill in your details and you're in

Ignore the SMS.

Yeah, but it requires me to enter the phone number, and when I do that in addition to selecting my device, I just get to a fairly blank page, which says:

Your mobile phone already has the latest Nokia Messaging software installed. To setup Nokia Messaging directly from your phone, go to Menu > Email > New > Follow on screen instructions.

Don't forget to Accept the Service Terms.

I just checked and when i do it (enter phone number, select device) via 'sign up' or 'get started' then press 'next' it takes me to page 2 which is where I enter my email details. Not sure why it is not doing it for you. I actually just set mine up a few days ago.

Nokia messaging is on your device ( I dont have mine yet) so did you try setting up from there? When you first set up your username and password is actually usually your main email address and the passwordf or that.

Last edited by hazel; 2009-12-04 at 21:29.

Originally Posted by hazel View Post
I just checked and when i do it (enter phone number, select device) via 'sign up' or 'get started' then press 'next' it takes me to page 2 which is where I enter my email details. Not sure why it is not doing it for you. I actually just set mine up a few days ago.

Nokia messaging is on your device ( I dont have mine yet) so did you try setting up from there? When you first set up your username and password is actually usually your main email address and the passwordf or that.
Really strange.. Because when I try to set up a new email account on the phone itself and choose Nokia Messaging, it asks me for an email and password, where I can do nothing but type in my gmail address and password, which then sets up a regular (broken) Gmail IMAP account and not a Nokia Messaging account.. which I dont have :S

If I type in a different country code that the Norwegian one (which is 47), the it suddenly works.. but Im not sure I should associate my account with an incorrect phone number.. Maybe this means that Nokia Messaging is not available for Norwegians yet? >.<

Very strange. I did mine on the PC.

Page 52 of the user manual explains how to do it. Select applications menu > email and new acount, define region and servce provider (nokia messaging) then define a username and passsword then select finish. Try that.

I cannot answer as to whether or not it is available to Norweigans yet but I assume it should be.

Last edited by hazel; 2009-12-04 at 21:48.

Might just be some browser or isp glitch (like bad cache)
You should just try again some time later (or, if you're anxious, clear you're browser's cache and give it another shot)

I got it working by using a different country code :S Doesnt seem to use the phone number for anything after the registration, so it worked out fine.. finally push gmail on my phone!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Just one question, did you guys got the email from Nokia saying that this is a trial service? I could not find when will it expire or how much does it cost... odd...

Tags
like totally seriously