Active Topics

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Thank god I wasn't the only one with this problem. I hope it is software-bug rather than hardware-problem in DC-11. I almost bought a spare battery for the N900 but external power-pack is much more convinient... if it works. Hopefully this will get resolved. I started to use my N900 more heavily as mp3-player too, got about 8hrs of listening time on it and it wouldn't be very handy to have to recharge with dc-11 in the middle.
Stupidity is the thing I hate the most.

so is there any solutions to this problem? DC-11 is on the compatibility list so what can be done?

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
I have Nokia's DC-11 & N900 and i don't have any problem with charge my N900 by DC-11.

i guess you were one of the lucky ones, do you have any idea why mines doesn't work below 50% and yours does?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
I'm having all sort of charging problems with PR1.1.1/LPR1.2.
Problems :

- To charge I have to plug the microusb sometimes up to 5 times on my home charger (AC-10E) and car charger (some random charger).
- USB charging works perfect always.
- Charing the phone with the home/car chargers when the phone is OFF always works.

My conclusions :
- This is a software bug, not fixed yet in the Leaked PR1.2.
- This makes me have to reconnect the microUSB jack multiple time per day, hasting the demise of the usb socket. ./cry

Anyone knows any command to display the status of the "usb charger" socket after connecting it?

Like :
1. Connect charger
2. If not recognized, open terminal and check status to find more info.

Edit : and DC-11, sometimes won't charge below 50%, but not always.

Edit2 : Same behavior with PR1.2, BUT for some reason, it has improved a bit in the last 2 weeks. luck is on my side i guess.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Last edited by eitama; 2010-06-09 at 13:41.

I dont know if its already posted here, but try this:

1) Plug the charger to wall and to n900.
2) blame if doesnt work
3) reboot your phone without unplugging anything. I use "sudo gainroot" and "reboot" from xterm, but do is as you want
4) be happy. When the phone reboots, it starts charging.

Not every phone works with this method, but a LOT do.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Sweden
Hi guys! I bought one today without reading about it here first. Damn! It won't work.

//Crotch

my DC-11 won't charge too.... then after a week even USB charging started to not work randomly, and is very sensitive to touch.

went to NCC Singapore, but they wouldn't import the necessary parts to replace the PMU and flagged it as beyond economical repair. now i have to leave my laptop overnight and not use it, just so that it can charge power. and that's after as many as about 50 tries of plugging the microUSB cable in and out! no doubt the maemo and microB experience is fantastic, btu i'm so moving to iPhone 4 already once it's out, and away from Nokia phones. with such QC and after sales service, it's just not effective to use it.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ England and USA
When Nokia finally placed the last straw on this camels back I bought a Nokia One and love it as much as I hated the N900. I point this out because anybody who was attracted to the dream of N900 may like Android better than iPhone.

I talked with Nokia support in Finland... the origin of Nokia innovations... and they said N900 is not compatible; well I received my dc-11 unit right after release and it WAS LISTED COMPATIBLE and now they state it is not... because they find out N900 uses too much juice

this is like Communicator successor debate. Yes - no - mayby - not really ... not likely.

Finalnd is good for creative innovations but when politics and foreign partner step in (Nokia-Siemens Networks where Siemens complained finns are difficult to work wit [ because we work hard and want results!]) so N900 like E90 have lost their potential in corporate politics