Posts: 103 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nashville, TN
Sorry if these questions are answered elsewhere, but I tried searching without any luck. So two questions:
  1. My memory card is being set to read-only. What do I need to do to enable write access?
  2. I have no problem re-formatting my memory card, so if I do what file-system do you suggest? fat32, extX, etc

FYI, it is a 16Gb Sandisk card
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product

I believe when a card is corrupted the filesystem driver mounts it read-only. Also, not sure, but If you reformat it, you would have to use fat32 due to camera app requirements

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nashville, TN
Any clue as to what would have caused the corruption (if that is the case)? I took it straight out of my N95 and put it directly into the N900...and it was working fine on the N95.

I guess one other question. The only thing I have (that I want transferred off the card) is Movies, Music and Pictures. I'm not sure how the N900 structures its movies and pictures (name and folder wise) but I'd like to be consistent. So, any suggestions on the best way to export the data off the card and have it imported back in? I'll export, reformat then import.

Thanks!

I dont have mine in front of me, but I remember the internal drive keeps media as
/home/user/MyDocs/.videos
/home/user/MyDocs/.sounds
/home/user/MyDocs/.images
but I doubt you'd want to use that scheme

I am having the same problem but there was no solution even i formatted the mmc in Nokia N900.
It still says read only and i can't delete any data on mmc although can reformat using n900.
Any solution from anybody reading this?

i had the same problem twice.
the first time I solved formatting the mmc1 (sandisk 16 gb) but it works only for few days.
second time i szolved with scandisk windows utils