Active Topics

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
ok i have a problem....

i have been trying to download some files via transmission, and thedse files were going straight in to "downloads" on the n900

after a few mins i get an error saying something like "can not save file, read only memory"

because the file initially started to download, the full amount of memory has been allocated, and so i went to file manager and tfried to delete the file

i cant even delete the file now as i get the same read only memory error. how do i fix this?

Last edited by DannStarr; 2009-12-13 at 20:17.

My N900 worked perfectly until just now

yesterday i placed several avi files on to the internal memory and all the films played really well

now, i cant move, copy, edit, delete any files, i just get a "read-only file system" error

none of my videos play, i just get an "unsupported media format" error - even though these same files played fine yesterday

please, help me

tried nokia or ovi suite to remove the avi files?

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
1. install rootsh package (from Extras-devel)
2. start x-terminal
3. type "root" (or "sudo gainroot")
4. go to folder where file stored (use "cd foldername", for move folder up use "cd ..")
5. type "rm FileName"

good luck

Have you tried removing them as root, and what do mount and df show?

no, when i get home to connect to pc i will try this.

does it sound like my internal memory is corrupted? if so is that something a re flash would fix, or is the phone fooked?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
DannStarr, please don't start two threads with the same question. Threads merged.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
try this:
2. start x-terminal
3. type "root" (or "sudo gainroot")
4. go to folder where file stored (use "cd foldername", for move folder up use "cd ..")
5. type "rm FileName"

good luck

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
DannStarr, please don't start two threads with the same question. Threads merged.
sorry qgil

how do i get to copy and paste the text in terminal so i can show the output of mount etc?

Originally Posted by mikhmv View Post
try this:
You don't need Extras-devel. Don't enable it if you don't know what you're doing.