Active Topics

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Como, Italy
Greetings,

I'm trying to 1) load up a certificate on the n900 and 2) make a wireless connection using the provided certificate.

The certificate manager on the N900 has not been of any use, and I was advised to install the wpa_supplicant package. However that is not mandatory.

How can I set up a certificate when using a secure connection? the certificate selection option is there but no certificates are visible, and even though I have researched on the forums and google, haven't managed to find where to copy a certificate generated on a linux desktop, and to set it so that it's usable via the wireless connection.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ United States
You need to export the certificate using your desktop OS, copy it to a place accessible via the File Manager, and click on the certificate. Choose to install the certificate, and select "Wi-Fi" for the certificate purpose.

The Following User Says Thank You to terminal3 For This Useful Post:
I have installed a certificate from IE8 to my n900 and if I look in Settings - Certificate manager I see:
Work CA ---> Wi-Fi

But if I go to
Settings - Internet connections - Connections - Work - Edit --->
Name and type: Work (I click Next)
Wi-Fi: Work, not hidden, Infrastructure, WPA with EAP (I click Next)
WPA EAP type: PEAP (I click Next)
WPA EAP PEAP: Select certificate = None, EAP MSCHAPv2. Here I would like to choose the certificate that I see in Settings - Certificate manager, but there is no certificates to choose.

I have tried to export the certificate as DER-coded (.cer), Base 64-coded (.cer) and Standard for kryptographic (.p7b).

What can I have done wrong?

Last edited by raffe; 2010-04-28 at 08:09.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
you dont have to choose the certificate. i got it working without selecting a certificate. you have to check other options like IP addresses and user name and password and security settings. the certificate should be installed on your phone and selected for wifi

Hello,

I have the same problem, I installed the certificate, set it up to use for WIFI but when I go to connect to the network, I set everything up, but when I get to the screen where I can choose a certificate, there are no certificates available to choose from...please, can you help me?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ S.E. Michigan USA
This configuration worked for me with PEAP / EAP MSCHAPv2:

Select "None" for certificate and continue to the next page to enter your user id and password. Go to the next page and press the "Advanced" button. Select the EAP tab and check "Use manual user name" and enter your user id again.

In my configuration, I didn't need to import the certificate to the N900, but if it is a self-signed certificate, you do need to import the root certificate. Without it, I would get a misleading popup message about an expired certificate. Others have reported problems because their root certificate didn't specify the CA property, and they reported success after a new root CA certificate was installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to don.ebright For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by don.ebright View Post

Select "None" for certificate and continue to the next page to enter your user id and password. Go to the next page and press the "Advanced" button. Select the EAP tab and check "Use manual user name" and enter your user id again.

In my configuration, I didn't need to import the certificate to the N900, but if it is a self-signed certificate, you do need to import the root certificate. Without it, I would get a misleading popup message about an expired certificate. Others have reported problems because their root certificate didn't specify the CA property, and they reported success after a new root CA certificate was installed.
works perfectly for me! tanks!

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I am getting the same misleading message about an expired certificate. How did you go about solving it? I have a self-signed certificate from my university. How do I get a new root CA certificate?

Originally Posted by don.ebright View Post