Active Topics

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cape Town
Thanks Spazzymoto, but I couldn't get it working. It needs python 2.6 and Maemo only has python 2.5... If you could give me more details about how you got it working (bearing in mind I'm a newbie to python) I'd appreciate it. I simply downloaded the file and extracted it to a folder in MyDocs. Trying to run ./blendit.sh returns permission denied (and for some unknown reason chmod has no effect on the file) and running python blend.py throws a bunch of errors, presumably because it requires python 2.6...

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bolton, United Kingdom
Files in MyDocs can't have permissions due to it being a FAT partition. Try moving it to /home/user.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Awesome For This Useful Post:
Thanks Lord Awesome, I didn't realise that, it made a big difference!
Running python blend.py now returns Segmentation fault but at least it's a new error!

It should work with the standard python , m running 2.5.4. I downloaded the linux version, extracted it and copied it to MyDocs/blendit

To run it first "cd MyDocs/blendit" or where ever you copied it and then "python blend.py"

Let me know how that works.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spazzymoto For This Useful Post:
Thanks!!!!! It's working! Yay! :-)

I wish someone could integrate it into telepathy... It's just not the same

could someone please try get this working. im considering selling the phone because of this

# Delete post
# Report this post
# Edit post
# { QUOTE_POST }
Hi I have got mxit to work on my N900. the problem was with authorization, so i used easy debian and installed pidgin in it. Once installed, u can activate mxit, it activates both pidgin mxit on maemo and easy debian.
NOTE: to install easy debian u need to download a 300 MB file, and it takes very long. once installed use synaptic package manager, add all the repositries, and reload. exclud
the experimental repositries. search for pidgin and install. Go to debian lxde and run pidgin. use virtual keyboard if hardware keyboard not working. read the easy debian wiki at maemo.org. good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to pen786 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pen786 View Post
# Delete post
# Report this post
# Edit post
# { QUOTE_POST }
Hi I have got mxit to work on my N900. the problem was with authorization, so i used easy debian and installed pidgin in it. Once installed, u can activate mxit, it activates both pidgin mxit on maemo and easy debian.
NOTE: to install easy debian u need to download a 300 MB file, and it takes very long. once installed use synaptic package manager, add all the repositries, and reload. exclud
the experimental repositries. search for pidgin and install. Go to debian lxde and run pidgin. use virtual keyboard if hardware keyboard not working. read the easy debian wiki at maemo.org. good luck.
Can confirm this works great. Fortunately I already had debian installed so just had to install pidgin on it. Activated it and now the pidgin under maemo works too! Thanks pen786

awesome to hear. im working on telepathy plugin. might be done this weekend depending on if it compiles haha