Active Topics

Notices

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post app suggestions but here goes.

I have a terrible memory and keep forgetting to close the camera lens cover before putting my N900 back in my pocket.

Something I think might help reduce the potential pocket scratch time would be an app that can detect this scenario and alert me accordingly.

So detection along the lines of:
  • Is camera lens open?
  • Is proximity sensor activated (inside of pocket close to it)?
  • Is screen off / locked?
  • Has the above been true for 30 seconds?

If all the above is true then some kind of audio alert and/or vibration alert is activated reminding me to take the N900 out and close the cover.

Anyway, just a thought.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to slate8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
I'd like a camera lens open warning as well. It's just to easy to open it

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
I like this idea, had huge problems with this on my old n95. Forgot to close it all the time after use.

It could also be illustrated through a small icon next to the time, just like when new updates are ready for 1 of your apps.

Last edited by mthmob; 2009-12-17 at 13:10.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Hmm I found the n95 camera lens really good and actually needed some thought to open.

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Where do you think is the best place to put this warning? Icon on notification area, notification (with vibration/sound) etc.?

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Personally a big red bar across the top until it's closed - unless camera app is running.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Have a notification icon shown all the time when cover is open, then if you lock your phone, have it give small vibrate or beep sound.

I have the same problem, but it's only really troublesome when I lock the device and stick it in my pocket so I'd initially suggest just a quick beep/vibration when it's locked by the user.

Though as it can also lock itself automatically (e.g. after the screen timeout), and the beep/vibrate would not necessarily be noticed, so perhaps a flashing LED notification would be an idea?

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
I would also like such an app

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by slate8 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post app suggestions but here goes.

Anyway, just a thought.
That's a great idea for an app!