Posts: 49 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ chicago usa
is it me, or is Nokia's customer service terrible?

my n900's ear piece stopped working and i was not able to hear anything coming out of it unless you press hard on the screen for some odd reason. and i know it wasn't a software issue because i reseted just to make sure.

i called them and it took forever to get someone, and when i did they told me that it they couldnt handle that and redirected me. then another person i talked to said to try back tomorrow because they might have n900s in stock by then.

so i call back and once again i got a hold of someone but they redirected me again and after 4 people someone finally took my issue. then i got the rma number and sent it out wed and they recieved it thurs.

i got an email from them saying that they would send an email once they received it and tell me about what they would do with it. and i haven't gotten this email yet. so i called them and as to no surprise no one wanted to take my issue and kept redirecting to someone else in the same department. and when i finally got someone after 45~ mins someone picked up and i told them what happened and she said "oh since you know that we received it already theres nothing else i can tell you but to wait", then asked if she can help me with anything else and i just hung up.

so next time in the near future when thinking of a a company to get a phone from, nokia just went from near the top to near the bottom for me..

anyone else had this issue? sorry about the long rant but im just about the poor service they provide

if this is the wrong section you can move it mods.

The Following User Says Thank You to fiendskillz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
I talked to them just 2-3 hours ago about my lens cover and that the spring tseems to be broken in the small lenscover slide thing. There is no "click" there at all and it can really just fall down or up as I hold the phone.

I was met by a really unhappy and unhelpful guy who told me all I should was bring it back to the shop I bought it from. I was trying to ask if I could by spare parts somewhere but he did not really wwant to listen. I said good bye and sorted it by myself and bought a spare battery cover from a finnish site I found here. Not very expansive so I am alright but I think I will never call back to Nokia Care.

My first and only contact with Nokia Care. just for reference.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ chicago usa
yeah, whats up with them?

Yep, nokia's customer service just horrible!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to dinis_2003 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
get their full name, call reference number, make them generate one for you if you can. then ask to speak to a manager. if they don't put you through u can always call through to a different department looking for the service manager

They've always been pretty good over here, i've never experianced any problems with them.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle
I am not satisfied with their customer service either. They don't even come close to the Apple's or Microsoft's customer service. I have to wait 45 minutes on hold every time I call them. Moreover, when i had to repair my old phone N95 8GB, I called them, sent it to them and I PAID for shipping! When I had a problem with my laptop GATEWAY they paid for overnight shipping and I got it 2 days later fixed. I returned my N900 and got an iPhone. I am probably done with Nokia

Last edited by Botev1912; 2009-12-19 at 00:11.

truly awful here in Russia. if you want your handset to be repaired, they will probably spend a few weeks doing "expertise" and then go arguing that it was your fault, you probably drowned or dropped it etc etc and the warranty is void.

It's better to use email than calling Nokia Care

If they said they're going to transfer you, tell them to transfer to complaint/customer relation department for you to make a formal complaint (mention you have been on the phone for half an hour and kept being transferring around (even though you haven't really))

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
My experience with Nokia CS is they are not given much training and do not know the products nor the tech terms either. They also tend to be passive and not coming across as too concerned... almost like they are on sedatives.

One CS dude did not know the difference between GPS and GPRS. The N900 may be a good device, but their CS kind of sucks IMO.

Tags
shitty customer service