Active Topics

Quoting wikipedia: SIM Application Toolkit (commonly referred to as STK) is a standard of the GSMto initiate actions which can be used for various value-added services.

The most prominent value-added service are encrypted sms messages used by some banks (I know of 4 banks, use one of them actively) to protect customer data sent over GSM. Without the STK, users can't accept encrypted bank messages and are disallowed access to their online banking.

Additionally, there is a 3G networks equivalent called USIM Application Toolkit (or USAT).

STK is supported by superold nokia bricks, as well as newest symbian/android smartphones. There's no reason why for example the n900 shouldnt support it

Anyone found a workaround for this?

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-29 at 17:13. Reason: status

brainstorm here

btw, one of my proposed solutions seems to have been deleted without any notification by someone other then me. did this happen to anyone? is there some active censoring here?

Three uses a usim, correct?

yep, at least thats what google says.

STK is one of the features I really miss on N900 :-(

My bank provides a very nice application to manage accounts / credit cards, which is much faster and considerably more comfortable than a regular web-based banking.

BTW I've noticed one of the proposed solutions (nokia should do it) was removed, and I find it very annoying / unfair no one explained why it was removed etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomasvondra For This Useful Post:
OK, I've read some introduction into STK (see the links in the wikipedia article, e.g. this one) and it seems like a relatively simple thing to do.

There is a very limited set of commands flowing between SIM card and ME (phone), so it seems like a relatively simple yet interesting thing to implement. I could try that, but I'm a total newbie regarding maemo - e.g. I'm not sure how to access the SIM card (directly or through dbus or something else?).

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Estonia
PR1.1 and still no support
Can't use Estonian mobile-ID
Any news, status?

Implementing ME side seems relatively easy, but I could find a way to communicate with SIM. Communication between ME and SIM is described in http://www.3gpp.org/FTP/Specs/html-info/1114.htm

Usually SIM access is done through Dbus, but I found only methods for reading IMEI and accessing contacts on SIM.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control
http://mxr.maemo.org/fremantle-20091...y-maemo.c#1815

I could not find code for service(s) that replies to these DBus messages and actually accesses the SIM card.

The Following User Says Thank You to jannok For This Useful Post: