Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Hi all

I've had my N900 a couple of weeks and today I was showing off to a colleague the multi-tasking on the N900 with 2 web browser windows open, RSS reader and the terminal.

Whilst using the web browser, browsing this site, tmo, the browser locked up. The other browser window was twitter. Locked up meaning the page was displayed, but I couldn't scroll down, zoom, or click any links, yet the touchscreen registered every tap.

To get a working browser I had to kill it and re-open everything again. However if I have two or more browser windows open I can very quickly get the same problem again.

I've searched the forums and checked bugzilla and nothing is mentioned about this, anyone else had this behaviour? I'm using the 1.2009.42-11 os version.

Rich

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
lemon phone send it back

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
nope, probably just you i guess...

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
this also happened to me browsing facebook today. A browser restart solved it though

You could try clearing the browser history.

Some people have experienced slowdowns related to this. Thread here.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
A number of us have complained about the browser locking up specifically on this site. Personally I have only ever had the N900 lock up the browser using maemo.org sites so seems to be something very specific: quite ironic though that it is this site particular. The only real solution that I have found is to shut down the unit and restart. Sometimes it is unstable for a couple of restarts in the browser after such an incident but not usually.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
aall phones lock up occasionally, off course it happens on pc's net books etc.. it would be nice to have a task manager..

i have noticed a warning, after trying to shut down email, it said email not responding shut down?..

if the browser crashes we should be able to force shut down..

i havent had any problems really since i haver been using the reboot fix..

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
A number of us have complained about the browser locking up specifically on this site. Personally I have only ever had the N900 lock up the browser using maemo.org sites so seems to be something very specific: quite ironic though that it is this site particular. The only real solution that I have found is to shut down the unit and restart. Sometimes it is unstable for a couple of restarts in the browser after such an incident but not usually.
yeah you might be right, so far it has only occurred on tmo...

I have similar lock ups but generally only on websites that use flash heavily. I normally dont have to restart the phone, I just keep clicking the close X and eventually the OS will pop up a "this webpage is not responding, do you want to close?" If I say yes all instances of the browser are closed. Kinda sucks but after that I can reopen the browser and its good as new.

I had the same problem again with tmo using the N900. It don't get this page is not responding, just the loss of scrollbars and double tap zoom. Today when it happened I simply went to a different web page a non maemo one and the scrollbars returned, so it does seem to be something funny with this forum site.