Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
When a call comes in the screen is in landscape mode, but when I pick up the device it rotates to portrait, so by the time I hit the answer key it has already animated into portrait. In fact it remembers where I tapped and it happened several times that the answer key would end up being executed as the decline key in portrait.

So question 1: is it possible to leave the screen in whatever mode it is when a call comes in until a tap or
2. force the portrait mode when a call comes in

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
I totally agree here, answering is usually alright but hanging up usually flips in my face just when i'm about to press END and i waste 5 seconds every time...

It should be a setting though.

I agree with this also, the animation is annoying

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5722

Try selecting Automatic, seems to leave it in landscape most of the times?

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
You can set the phone screen to "automatic" or to "portrait" so you won't have this problem.

You can also disable the "turn sensor" (don't know the exact word in english) so you will stick to the mode you opened the phone application

I agree with Orange, the constant flipping is very annoying, and if I have apps running in the background, the animation sometimes takes too long for me to answer the call... like if i try to duck out of a meeting to take the call, moving the phone around will waste several seconds of animation time. I've learned to answer the phone first, then move out of the conference room, but the people on the other line will be saying "Hello? Hello?".

Also, I don't know why, but on my N900, putting the phone to my ear causes it to go landscape, and removing it from my ear flips it back to portrait, so I have to sit through an animation before I hang up. I always end my voicemails these days with "Goodbye. *pause* ok, let me see if I can find my end button *pause* ok, goodbye for real this time!".

I'll look into disabling the turn sensor, but it would be nice to have the flip feature.

it can be fixed by disabling the automatic turning, and putting it to "portrait' mode...

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
When a call comes in the screen is in landscape mode, but when I pick up the device it rotates to portrait, so by the time I hit the answer key it has already animated into portrait. In fact it remembers where I tapped and it happened several times that the answer key would end up being executed as the decline key in portrait.

So question 1: is it possible to leave the screen in whatever mode it is when a call comes in until a tap or
2. force the portrait mode when a call comes in
we are assembling a team to answer your questions as soon as possible. please hang in there.

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
we are assembling a team to answer your questions as soon as possible. please hang in there.
Wow, Devil your names speaks of it all. You managed to reply to 5 different threads of mine within 5 minutes. Thank you for your attention.

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
Wow, Devil your names speaks of it all. You managed to reply to 5 different threads of mine within 5 minutes. Thank you for your attention.
no problem. you are nothing but a great addition to the forums. we should charish that. not everybody sees it but i do.