Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
My wife is a long time BlackBerry user. Now that we're vacationing in Europe she had no problem of plugging in her charger, because apparently the power plug end has replacable endings (ie she just swapped out the NA one and put in the European one). Me on the other hand had to buy a 2 euro adaptor. I think that Nokia should adapt the same design because even though the charger auto selects between 110 and 220 volts the first obstacle is to being able to physically plug in the charger.

why are you always complaining about ****?

Originally Posted by CrckMc View Post
why are you always complaining about ****?
hes a troll.

probably doesnt own an N900, and is more than likely posting from his iphone heh.

dont feed the troll kids......

Originally Posted by phreck View Post
hes a troll.

probably doesnt own an N900, and is more than likely posting from his iphone heh.

dont feed the troll kids......
Oh sure, dismiss the good ideas just for the sake of dismissing them.

Please come clean: do you agree that a universal plug on the charger is a good idea? yes or no? If you have nothing to contribute other than calling people names, don't bother. High school is beyond me long time ago.

could have been nice if they used usb mini instead of usb micro too.

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
My wife is a long time BlackBerry user. Now that we're vacationing in Europe she had no problem of plugging in her charger, because apparently the power plug end has replacable endings (ie she just swapped out the NA one and put in the European one). Me on the other hand had to buy a 2 euro adaptor. I think that Nokia should adapt the same design because even though the charger auto selects between 110 and 220 volts the first obstacle is to being able to physically plug in the charger.
its noted. working on it right now.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by wakkamis View Post
could have been nice if they used usb mini instead of usb micro too.
Yes that puzzles me as Micro USB seems to take up as much space as Mini, so what is the point of it?

Is it that it has more pins? It does seem to lock in the socket better but also looks infinitely more fragile. Personally I think a socket that locks in place better is a really bad idea for a mobile device, you are more likely to pull it on the floor when inevitably tripping over the wire.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Thanks Devil for posting nonsense for all my threads in 5 minutes. You made me the first guy to have 5 threads under active.

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Yes that puzzles me as Micro USB seems to take up as much space as Mini, so what is the point of it?
The MiniUSB was getting too popular, so there was danger of a single charger and data cable working with all portable devices.

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
Thanks Devil for posting nonsense for all my threads in 5 minutes. You made me the first guy to have 5 threads under active.
nothing wrong with the best threads on top