Active Topics

Hi,

i don't know if i'm in the right place, or even if what i'm suggesting is possible. i'm a basic noob user, i'm not a programmer or anything like that or a linux expert, i use my phone for web browsing and music and videos. but i was just wondering whether it would be possible to make or create a program or app for the n900 that would let you cut mp3 files so that you could make you own ringtones, or just take the part of the song you like and use it for a ringtone. sorry if this is a completely ridiculous suggestion or impossible. like i said, i'm a bit of a novice.

and thanks in advance if you don't ridicule or laugh at me

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Hardenberg
Originally Posted by Barts View Post
Hi,

i don't know if i'm in the right place, or even if what i'm suggesting is possible. i'm a basic noob user, i'm not a programmer or anything like that or a linux expert, i use my phone for web browsing and music and videos. but i was just wondering whether it would be possible to make or create a program or app for the n900 that would let you cut mp3 files so that you could make you own ringtones, or just take the part of the song you like and use it for a ringtone. sorry if this is a completely ridiculous suggestion or impossible. like i said, i'm a bit of a novice.

and thanks in advance if you don't ridicule or laugh at me

In 'settings', choose 'profile' and scroll down to choose a MP3 or other ringtone.. I guess you will need another tool on your PC, if you don't want the intro of the MP3. Succes

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
You could use audacity on your PC to do this and then copy the created mp3 to your N900.

See http://audacity.sourceforge.net

Maybe sometime in the future there will be audacity for the N900 - maybe someone asks the maintainers ^^?

Last edited by emesem; 2009-12-25 at 07:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to emesem For This Useful Post: