Notices

Originally Posted by colchaodemola View Post
Replace the sms_counter_widget.py with the attached one.
I rewrote the script to account ONLY the sent SMS , since these are what i really pay for
I hardcoded the reset date to day 10 , so if you want another day , change the variable resetdate inside the script.
Hope it helps someone.

it only works with PR1.2
Thank you colch. I would like to confirm, that your script also works on PR1.3. What's the problem to adapt the original version to PR1.2 or PR1.3 respectively?

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Holland
By the way, I noticed that it does use the resetdate that I've put in there, but the number resetted at the first day of the new month But it does count it properly from the resetdate.

Originally Posted by colchaodemola View Post
Replace the sms_counter_widget.py with the attached one.
I rewrote the script to account ONLY the sent SMS , since these are what i really pay for
I hardcoded the reset date to day 10 , so if you want another day , change the variable resetdate inside the script.
Hope it helps someone.

it only works with PR1.2
Could you add a count for the incoming sms? I can't figure it out how to do it...

you could try another query where OUTGOING=0 so you would get the incoming sms ...

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
I noticed that smswidget 0.2.1-1 already has support for PR1.2 but It was commented out in python code, It's possible to use it instead of colchaodemola's version.

So, just edit /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/sms_counter_widget.py and remove "#" chars.

#rtcom_database = '/home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db'
#sql_template = "SELECT sum(CASE WHEN length(free_text)>160 THEN length(free_text) / 153 + 1 ELSE 1 END) FROM Events WHERE service_id=3 AND event_type_id=7 AND outgoing=%d AND start_time>%d"
#outgoing = 1
#incoming = 0
And comment out the PR1.1 one.

Overall pros: received/total stats, All-time stats, and It doesn't use a seperate database (looks like colchaodemola's one uses, I don't know why)

cons: "First day of period" setting is bugged and fixed to Day 1, It's not a blocker for me. (since my SMS package is renewed on first day of every month) You can hardcode it to python code of course, to change it from day 1.
Maintaining: Audelicious | xmp

The Following User Says Thank You to Aranel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Holland
Thanks! I will give it a go, can't wait to see the total count again hahah

The Following User Says Thank You to Berserk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
I noticed that smswidget 0.2.1-1 already has support for PR1.2 but It was commented out in python code, It's possible to use it instead of colchaodemola's version.

So, just edit /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/sms_counter_widget.py and remove "#" chars.

And comment out the PR1.1 one.

Overall pros: received/total stats, All-time stats, and It doesn't use a seperate database (looks like colchaodemola's one uses, I don't know why)

cons: "First day of period" setting is bugged and fixed to Day 1, It's not a blocker for me. (since my SMS package is renewed on first day of every month) You can hardcode it to python code of course, to change it from day 1.
Please explain more exactly how i rewrite the script, where do i start and where is the file?

i opened the x terminal and wrote

Root

/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/sms_counter_widget.py

it says permission denied :S

Last edited by yroll; 2011-02-10 at 21:19.

yroll;

a) If you installed nano, after gaining root, "nano /usr/lib....." would work.
b) I heard that Leafpad is a good GUI alternative if you don't know how to install/use nano. I guess "leafpad /usr/lib....." would work after gaining root.
c) Try downloading it to your computer (via OpenSSH), make the changes, upload it again.

You can find lots of detailed resources on how to edit a file on this forum, search for it.

hey guys,

thanks a lot aranel!

it seems to be counting properly now, but i'm not sure about the live updating, tho. as far as i remember, it was instantly refreshing in PR 1.1. but now it seems to take a quite a while to refresh. even tho i'm not sure if its my "fault" by having more than 32000 sms. i just wanted to ask wheather it's normal to take some time or if it's updating instantly for you guys.

anyways, i'm happy to see this app working again.
credit to you, it's easy to edit. selfexplaning after having installed nano in my opinion. yet i dont know who to "reach" the file to upload it here so you guys have to change it by yourself

edit:

after having used this app again for a day, i gotta say i'm experiencing an old problem again. i do not know why but when i have sms counter widget installed and in use some of my sms wont be saved anymore. to be more exact: i receive an sms, answer it but the little arrow which appears while sending wont go away after having send. i dont receive a report about the sms being sent but the sms will be sent properly. anyways, i can receive the answer to my answer and so on but the arrow wont go away from all my sent sms as long as i dont reboot the device. after doing so, all my sent sms which had such an arrow are lost and all the sms i received after the first of these arrow-smss will be "received" again and shown as new messages. i have no clue whats the reason for this bug but its annoying and forces me to stop using this app. i got to add: this issue is not reproducable, it seems to appear randomly after some smss and it only appears on contacts i'm messaging a lot.

i hope someone can tell me whats causing all this and how to fix it.

greetings

Last edited by Bonestorm; 2011-03-13 at 11:01.

I confirm the issue you have Bonestorm, It happened once to me.