Active Topics

Ok.. it was working fine for a few days...

I was playing open arena... and it freeze, so a hard reboot by removing the battery, upon reboot, the web browser and all those ovi stuff (links/bookmark) won't open no more...

If I click on the web icon, it loads up with the spinning gear but black screen for around 20 sec and drop back to desktop... anyone could help me here?

I try reboot many time, still not working, removed open arena.. but still nothing either..

Originally Posted by fuji_man View Post

I was playing open arena... and it freeze, so a hard reboot by removing the battery, upon reboot, the web browser and all those ovi stuff (links/bookmark) won't open no more...

If I click on the web icon, it loads up with the spinning gear but black screen for around 20 sec and drop back to desktop... anyone could help me here?

I try reboot many time, still not working, removed open arena.. but still nothing either..
Sounds like you may need to reflash
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

crap... I hope not.. just posted the problem to bugzilla.. maybe someone could help...

Anything to diagnostic it? Via X-terminal or something?

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by fuji_man View Post

Next time you freeze up, try opening/shutting the lense cover before resorting to pulling out the battery.

It's worked like magic for me when my n900 locks.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for fixing microB

Um... thanks for that suggestion, I will try that next time..

But really anyone could give me something diagnostic the thing, I don't wanted to reflash already...

sorry for not providing any useful information, but this happened to me too tonight. I wasn't doing anything out of the norm. Just using some apps that have never given a problem before and then I have the same symptoms exactly as you have described. don't know what to say. i'm going to have to reflash

Yes, this happened to me twice in 2 days.

I put it down to having installed stuff from the likes of Extras-Devel.

I fixed only by reflashing and then being a bit more careful about what I install and where I get it from!

I have the exact same problem now anyone know how to debug this?

Maybe some important file got corrupted. Try doing:

~$ killall -9 browser
~$ mv .mozilla temp.mozilla

repeat for:

.bookmarks
.browser
.browser_typed_urls

(become temp.bookmarks etc.)

Then start the browser, and see if it works. If this didn't help, move the directories back with the same commands with names in reverse. Edit: if you want to move them back and it's already created new ones, remove the new ones first using rm -r dir.

Last edited by livefreeordie; 2010-01-04 at 21:54.

unfortunately that doesn't help Any other ideas?