Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
I got my N9 yesterday and I happy to report it is working great! No dead pixels, no mic issues, no speaker issues, everything is running smoothly, and the battery was undrainable! Seriously! I was so scared at first but I'm very pleased now. Let's hope it stays that way (knock on wood).
Just wanted to let everyone know it's not all that bad.

Edit- Oh god the keyboard just fell apart!

Edit- Just kidding!

can you tell me how much you battery stays until it dies? I'm going to buy it, too soon, i want to know how long it can be without charging

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by tdesws View Post
can you tell me how much you battery stays until it dies? I'm going to buy it, too soon, i want to know how long it can be without charging
There are dozens of posts on battery life, do a search. All depends on your usage. Mine lasts at least 24hrs and I hammer it constantly

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I too have found my N900 to be very reliable. I have tried loads of apps and use the device all the time. Have had one re-boot and a problem with media files indexing, simple terminal command fix sorted that.

Otherwise it is by a long way the best device I have owned, almost replaces my laptop too. Appreciate there are a few rough edges but things can only get better from here

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by tdesws View Post
That will depend on how, and how much, you use it. Mostly as a phone? As a pocket computer? A multimedia device? With/without 3G/wifi/bluetooth? Lotsa photos? Lotsa web surfing? Or only email/sms?

It does so many things battery life can't be summed up in X hours. For comparison, I'd say it's maybe somewhat better than an iPhone 3GS, definitely better than a HTC G1. I'm happy with the battery life. That's about as specific as I can be about something determined so much by the user.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Hi,

Just wanted to contribute to people reading this forum.

I ordered mine at end of November in Finland and got it by 14th of December. Unfortunately I had bad luck, meaning that my N900 started rebooting after few hours of usage. It continued for a day and then the phone bricked.

I read all the forum posts and because of no permanent fix I returned it to the store. I got a new one just before Christmas.

So now using the new one about a week I can confirm that there are bad apples (I am pretty confident it is HW related), but the good ones are great (not a single reboot or glitch with pretty heavy usage)! The battery is much better than I expected (2-3 days with reasonable web surf, camera action, music listening, etc), and the usability is something I have wished for using HTC Windows mobile phones for last three years.

I am a geek and engineer, so I like stuff that can be configured and changed, but I can tell that the functionality is much more "main stream" than I expected. So everyone who is contemplating buying the phone, I think the forum posts relating to "problems" is skewed too heavily as the happy users are enjoying the life with N900 and forgetting to post here

Yka

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Philadelphia, PA
I also have had zero problems. In fact, the only problem is that my wife hates the N900 because I'm aways fondling it & not her.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
Mine is also working great. The only issue is the battery life once i connect it to wi-fi. I have the Wi-fi bug. Once i connect it and after disconnetion, the battery just drains fast as hell. Only rebooting seams to solve the problem.

Has anyone filled a bug report about this? I hope that the new firmware will solve this

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by sinetype View Post
Mine is also working great. The only issue is the battery life once i connect it to wi-fi. I have the Wi-fi bug. Once i connect it and after disconnetion, the battery just drains fast as hell. Only rebooting seams to solve the problem.
My battery drains really fast as well. It only lasts 12 hours with reasonable usage. Mostly with wi-fi. I have disabled the facebook widget as it was constantly using 20 - 50 percent cpu uasge.

Magel282 is your device fully charged?

i found that mine was reporting being fully charged when it was actually only at 88%

also have you enabled power management for the WIFI? Have you reduced the output from 100 mw to 10 mw?

if you are using the wifi continuously for 12 hours then 12 hours is actually pretty good for any device. If not, then check how often you are checking for emails etc.

My phone easily lasts a full day including 3-4 hours of browsing over wifi and another 3-4 hours of playing games on it.