Notices

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
I'm having a hard time getting AVRCP working with my BT headphones. I've somehow gotten it to work once or twice before, but usually it doesn't work.

Normally, I keep BT off. What I do to connect is:

1. Turn on headphones
2. Enable BT on N900
3. Wait for headphones to connect to N900
4. Start built-in media player
5. Load playlist and start playing music (via touch screen)

After I've started playing music, the next/prev/pause buttons on my headset don't cause any change in the music player.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Bump.
I have a Philips SHB7102 where AVRCP worked well with my N82. On the N900 however, the AVRCP capabilities of the SHB7102 aren't recognized. In the Maemo bluetooth device list, the Device details only show A2DP, HFP, HSP as "Supported profiles".
Are there any configuration files I could change to force the N900 to recognize the AVRCP capabilities of my headset?
(While there is a lot of Bluez 3.x documentation around, I have problems finding Bluez 4.x information.)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Bump.
I have a Philips SHB7102 where AVRCP worked well with my N82. On the N900 however, the AVRCP capabilities of the SHB7102 aren't recognized. In the Maemo bluetooth device list, the Device details only show A2DP, HFP, HSP as "Supported profiles".
Are there any configuration files I could change to force the N900 to recognize the AVRCP capabilities of my headset?
(While there is a lot of Bluez 3.x documentation around, I have problems finding Bluez 4.x information.)
Wow, someone finally saw this post! I'd already forgotten about it myself.

I've had fairly good success with this method:

1. Enable N900 bluetooth
2. Turn on A2DP receiver
3. Wait for N900 to ask if it should accept the connection
4. Click 'yes'.

The other way that I have had success is if I go into the list of devices and manually connect to the receiver.

I unchecked the "Trusted" box to force the N900 to always ask before connecting.

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

I have had absolutely no problems with two different headsets (Motorola S9 and Nokia BH-905). Also have a Sony BT capable deck in my car that works very well with A2DP/AVRC (N900 + BT + pianobar makes for awesome road trips), but I have had a few problems with it occasionally not connecting properly, but this was audio issues not AVRC. I have always set them to be trusted and auto connect.