Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009
#1
p what happens is that when I add the extra repository maemo-devel when start the update take a long of time and when is finished i get an error on details it sey the packages cant install i dont know the reason of this
i cant install repositories i need to upgrade the firmware?
on the aplication manager are the same aplications a want to install more apps especially the Flashlight

I need a help
 
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moon
#2
open this page http://my-maemo.com/faq/showquestion...q=4&fldAuto=16 in your n900 browser then click on repositories you wish to add.
remove first what you done because clearly you done something wrong, which brings me to a question, should you be messing with such things if you can't figure out how to even add them? remember some software on there can be dangerouse to your phone so don't be surprised if you kill your n900
 
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009
#3
Originally Posted by Croc View Post
open this page http://my-maemo.com/faq/showquestion...q=4&fldAuto=16 in your n900 browser then click on repositories you wish to add.
remove first what you done because clearly you done something wrong, which brings me to a question, should you be messing with such things if you can't figure out how to even add them? remember some software on there can be dangerouse to your phone so don't be surprised if you kill your n900
i try it and get the same error my n900 are new 1 day using it
 
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moon
#4
you tried what? you need to be more specific, if you still can't add them with help of that link i sent you then i really think you shouldn't be messing with it untested software.

did you remove your entries first?
 
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009
#5
Originally Posted by Croc View Post
you tried what? you need to be more specific, if you still can't add them with help of that link i sent you then i really think you shouldn't be messing with it untested software.

did you remove your entries first?
No. I have to update the firmware?? I have not installed any program

Last edited by poquifox; 2010-01-03 at 02:40.
 
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009
#6
Originally Posted by poquifox View Post
No. I have to update the firmware??
LOL

but seriously, go read the other theards... I know you have to uncheck 1 box for sure (tryin to go off of memory without my n900)
 
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
#7
> i cant install repositories i need to upgrade the firmware?
No
1. open x-terminal
2. type "sudo gainroot"
3. type "apt-get update >> apt-message.txt
4. place here outcome from file /root/apt-message.txt
This file will contain more details about error.
 
Posts: 518 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Dec 2009
#8
Originally Posted by Croc View Post
...which brings me to a question, should you be messing with such things if you can't figure out how to even add them?...
Funny for so many reasons. You should see how many posts are on the DROID forums regarding, "What is rooting your phone? I want to do it."

 
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montpellier, France
#9
Originally Posted by mikhmv View Post
> i cant install repositories i need to upgrade the firmware?
No
1. open x-terminal
2. type "sudo gainroot"
3. type "apt-get update >> apt-message.txt
4. place here outcome from file /root/apt-message.txt
This file will contain more details about error.
And if there is a problem with a repository you've set up, it's still possible to edit the repositories in CLI by editing directly the source file with this command :
Code:
vi /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list
if you type
Code:
cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list
what are you seeing ? Here is an exemple of what you can have :
Code:
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/apps/ ./ 
deb https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle/mr0 ./ 
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ fremantle free non-free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras-testing/ fremantle free
deb http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/ fremantle free
deb http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/tools free
the 2 first lines are the one you need absolutely, the third is safe, the others use them only if you know what you're doing
__________________
Smash is the way you deal with your life, like an outcast you're smashing your strife
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ravioli156 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:34.