Active Topics

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Abu Dhabi, UAE
Well, title says it all... I don't know why this wasn't included in the n900. In my previous phone, the n97, whenever the screen is locked and i would receive a call, it would show me the caller and prompt me to swipe in one direction to answer or another to reject. This is very functional as it's a great way to avoid pressing any buttons by accident.
Now with the n900 I've accidentally answered/rejected so many calls just by trying to get the phone out of my pocket.
The only way i know around this little problem is to lock the screen when receiving the call using the locker before taking it out of my pocket, then unlocking it again once it's out and safe. However this doesn't work out all of the time as i have still accidentally answered/rejected people.
Is there something else that can be done? Could i have missed an option or something?
Also, should i file this as a bug or should i start a brainstorm? my gut feeling says brainstorm but Id like to hear some response here first just to make sure.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A77ALiSTiC For This Useful Post:
I think it is a bug,
This is a touch phone ant there should be something to let you take the phone out of pocket without pressing any buttons.

The Following User Says Thank You to dinis_2003 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
I would class it as an important phone UI bug for the same reasons, and I'd file it as a bug, although the solution may end up discussed in Brainstorm anyway becuase it's not a trivial decision how best to fix it.

Another major phone UI bug, imho, is not being able to tell which number someone called from, so you can't easily call them back.
That's especially bad when you didn't intend to reject the call!

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Romania, Bucharest
I agree, this is a incomplete UI thing. N97 is managing better yhe incoming calls

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onutz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by onutz View Post
I agree, this is a incomplete UI thing. N97 is managing better yhe incoming calls
N97 got buttons N900 doesn't have any

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Bug Report -> https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7602

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Voted this..

Last edited by st.janne; 2010-01-03 at 10:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to st.janne For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Voted. It's up in my top 3 bugs, as I keep my phone in my pocket and the sensor is nice until you pull it half way. Then you reject (I rarely answer. Is it just me?)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
++
Voted...

Looks like Nokia doesn't care about the bug.
Is somebody has any news about that?
The bug is really annoying and make usage of the phone quite tricky.