Hey,
I'm trying to pair my n900 with my car's stereo which is also a handsfree. When I try to pair both devices, I need to enter a key which is "0000". When I punch in the key and try to pair them both, the nokia tells me that the paring key is incorrect.
I've been able to pair my moto razr and iphone with no problem to the car stereo, I've also tried hard-resetting the stereo and resetting the N900 but the problem persists.

Any ideas? Is there a console way to do the pairing so I could see if there's a deeper problem?

Thanks.

EDIT - car kit is a kenwood KCA-200BT bluetooth module for kenwood car stereos. I've also tried pairing another n900 but the same error occured.

Last edited by Casp3r; 2010-01-05 at 09:08. Reason: Added car kit details

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by Casp3r View Post
Hey,
I'm trying to pair my n900 with my car's stereo which is also a handsfree. When I try to pair both devices, I need to enter a key which is "0000". When I punch in the key and try to pair them both, the nokia tells me that the paring key is incorrect.
I've been able to pair my moto razr and iphone with no problem to the car stereo, I've also tried hard-resetting the stereo and resetting the N900 but the problem persists.

Any ideas? Is there a console way to do the pairing so I could see if there's a deeper problem?

Thanks.
Can you post the make and model of the stereo in question so that others have some basis to work with?

I am assuming that you are asking the N900 to pair with the stereo or is it the other way around? The clearer the exact steps you took then the quicker it is for someone to make a sensible suggestion for you.

My bad, having the flu and messing around with my new n900 seems to take it's toll on me

The car kit is a Kenwood MP3 and radio receiver, I don't remember the exact model but it doesn't matter since the Bluetooth part is an extension module. And that module is the infamous Kenwood KCA-200BT. And I'm asking the n900 to pair it and not the other way around (I don't think it's possible though)