Active Topics

Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by igorgomes View Post
Hello all,

Just flashed PR1.2 (with eMMC) and Titan's v37 afterwards. Somehow, I got a problem:

Right after the needed reboot, I try to "kernel-config load ideal" and my N900 suddenly restarts. Trying to limit it to 900 MHz, same.

I'm seeing a very common case of 1GHz overclock... Any hints?
THIS is what im talking about..
Flash the da** thing with flasher 3.5 and get it working at once..

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sao Paulo
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
That's the way I did it... Flashed with my Linux box... It was not using OTA update...

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ CANADA
hi guys, stupid question but how can i get v27. it worked well for me so im not sure if i want to go with the newest kernel. everything was working just dandy until i dropped my phone in the worst way and smashed my screen ...my precious ..... yes im now on my second n900

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
I have asked this earlier too.... I'm running v36 with PR 1.2 on ideal settings 500 - 850. The problem is when I use the phone app, the lower limit of the frequency automatically changes to 125 even though avoid frequencies still mention 125 and 250. I want to avoid this change in the lower freq.... Please help.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ CANADA
actually i had the same problem with v27. i would set my frequency limits at 500 850 and the lower frequency would change on its own to 125. wierd.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by rexii23 View Post
Hopefully a new version of your kernel will work well for me. v37+PR1.2 just doesnt work well for me for both video recording or playing. I had no trouble with ULV or ideal when I was on PR1.1

But other functions of the kernel are still very useful
up to v27, video recording crashes in my case.

posibilities are:

-low voltage; i use ulv and the video cam crashes, but if i set the settings to default, everything is fine.

-might be a bug on the kernel; because when i update to v34-v37, even at ulv voltage, my cam does not crash in video mode.

-my fw is leaked; also when i reflash to the official global release firmware, all my issues are gone. its like i oc'd a newly bought device.

note: i just use standard settings (ideal, default and xlv) i did not tweak more on the root.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
you can flash via maemo flasher even without flashing the eMMc

flashing through pr1.2 automatically cleans the eMMC. but if you want to be sure, flash fiasco and eMMC, then the fw.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

I just found out that my video recording crashed if 'm using ideal settings and ulv so I'm using lv settings no more crash or any problems

Hi,
I installed kernel-power-settings yesterday, but I'm having some problems with it.
I followed the wiki how and this thread, so here's exactly what I did:

1. Install kernel-power-settings from the Extra's repository (didn't have extras-testing or extras-devel enabled).
2. Reboot
3. Open x-term
4. Type "sudo gainroot"
5. Type "uname -r"
6. Results showed "2.6.28.10power-omap1", so I guess it installed OK.
7. Entered "/usr/sbin/kernel-load /usr/share/kernel-power-settings/ideal"
8. Opened Conky, and indeed the CPU ran at 850mhz.
9. However, it was a little unstable so I ran "/usr/sbin/kernel-load /usr/share/kernel-power-settings/lv"
10. Opened Conky, now running at 600mhz max.
11. Now I decided to change the limits as I read in this thread, so I entered (again after sudo gainroot) "kernel-config limits 250 850"
12. Got an error: "/bin/sh: kernel-config: not found"

So, what did I do wrong here? I'd like to use the lv settings but with the CPU frequency between 250 and 850mhz. I have no idea what exact version I'm running (V37 as I read here or an older one) because I don't know how to check..

EDIT:
Nevermind, was running V24 apparently, so updated to V37 and now it works

Last edited by BRooster; 2010-05-29 at 16:24.

Originally Posted by Gusse View Post
I did some time ago measurements about currents & powers and then calculated efficiency (uW/Hz). Results showed that 500MHz was most efficient frequency, 850MHz was quite equal. It means that IDEAL kernel settings are very optimal. I have a little bit smaller values than Titans IDEAL, but anyway quite the same. Link to measurements

During night time I have used 125MHz and 500MHz freqs. According to used frequencies (time_in_states), CPU will be at 125MHz over 90% of the time when device is not in sleep mode (=IDLE). This "night mode" gives quite nice and flat battery graph, ~0.7% reduction per 1h (even with mail polling once per hour).
thanks Gusse.
this is very interesting!can u please suggest me 4 profile?
-night mode . .just to safe battery.(I'm using the starving profile of titans 500 850
-workout . .I use the phone only to listen music with Bluetooth on.
-normal power . .just for internet (i guess this could be the stock on titan's kernel on my phone at 250 600)
- hight performance . .well to have the phone more responsive in everything (I;m using the titans ideal at 250 950)

let me know what do you think of my configuration

thanks

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom