Notices

http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/sub...ubscriptionTab

Really impressive rates, beats Google Voice (though not useful for me since GV gives free USA and Canada calls). Might use this when I travel to other countries though.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
Have been a Skype Unlimited World subscriber for years and the rates look the same to me (at least for the few countries I called to most of the time), so I'm not sure if they altered the rates. Nonetheless, they are still pretty attractive considering the call quality Skype provides.

Last edited by hwong_pz; 2010-01-09 at 05:48.

Ah, the last time I was a Skype subscriber was a few years back and I remember the rates were decent. I let whatever small amount of calling credit I had left expired though and switched to Google Voice.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Google Voice doesn't buy me anything since I don't have Gizmo acct. to support it. I couldn't get my Vonage main acct. to work via SIP either, and the Vonage softphone acct. only gets me 500 minutes via SIP client, so I went ahead and did a $3/mo. Skype acct., to go w/ 500 minute T-Mo plan when I got the 900. It's nice that I can send my cell's # as caller ID thru Skype, and has been working pretty well for me.

Google Voice doesn't buy me anything since I don't have Gizmo acct. to support it. I couldn't get my Vonage main acct. to work via SIP either, and the Vonage softphone acct. only gets me 500 minutes via SIP client, so I went ahead and did a $3/mo. Skype acct., to go w/ 500 minute T-Mo plan when I got the 900. It's nice that I can send my cell's # as caller ID thru Skype, and has been working pretty well for me.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
Although my subscription provides free calls to landlines in most countries, I just keep both as it costs much less calling to mobile in some countries using Google Voice (compared to Skype)

i sugest you try:
nonoh.net
voipbuster voipstunt or any betamax service
you will be amazed!

wow, but calling a cell in Germany is $0.20 w/ skype !!

I'll stick with my google voice. I love their voicemail features !

j.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
The skype integration on the n900 is awesome though not to mention the call quality via skype is great!

The subscription rates are pretty darned good on skype as well - I used to use calling cards for calls to the UK from the US but skype is much cheaper, much better call quality and much easier to use with the integration in the phone!

http://www.fring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14264

check this post and its links
betamax rates are unbeatable
i use them for 6 - 7 yrs