Hi guys.
I heard about a new update today and descided to update my phone. The icon didn't show on my phone like I thought it would, so I downloaded Nokia Software Updater and used that program to update. My current version was 1.2009.42.11 and I was updating to version 1.2009.44.1. The problem was that after downloading the update and beginning to install on phone it froze (at "1 sec left" or something). I waited for nearly two hours for something to happen and finally did the only thing I could, plugged it out.

I know you're not suppost to plug it out or turn it of while updating, but I had no choice. So I removed the battery for a while and tried to turn it on again. Now the "Nokia"-logo shows with a white background for about 20-30 sec before it turns itself of again.
I've tried to connect it to the computer again but I can't find the phone when it's not on.

Any ideas of what i can do?

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Did you try searching? There are other people that have experienced the same thing and there is discussion going on in existing threads.

Searching for "nokia logo"
yields at least one potentially useful result (number 3)

Searching for "nokia software updater" yields at least 2 (number 3 and number 4)

Last edited by rewt; 2010-01-11 at 20:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rewt For This Useful Post:
Sorry, but I've tried the solutions there by using the flasher-3.5 program, but it couldn't find any USB-device so it didn't work.

What OS? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Windows 7 x64. Tried to disable that thing that the article told about, but it still couldn't find the phone.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
I cant backup after the update. It says memory card not inserted.

@Scoob: Were you able to press F8 at bootup and select the option mentioned in the Wiki? The text of the Wiki entry appears to be wrong - according to a quick google, the option of interest is "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".

@anapospastos: Wrong thread...

Yeah, I may have been a little unclear, but I tried disabeling the driver signature enforcement (whatever that does). I still didn't get a connection though.

Did you try:

- Turn off phone
- Press and hold 'u' key
- Connect USB-cable
- When USB-icon appears in top right corner, release 'u' key

This sets the N900 in update mode or something like that. Maybe that way flasher 3.5 will recognize ur N900.

Did you try following the advice to:
- Disconnect any charger or USB connection
- Power off device
- Hold the letter U while reconnecting USB connection to computer (and for 5-10 seconds afterwards)

If you did this correctly, it should continue to say NOKIA on the screen (with no backlight) and have part of the USB symbol in the upper right-hand corner. This will put the device in firmware update mode.

Last edited by rewt; 2010-01-11 at 22:16.