is it possible?

Yes, just select multiple contacts.

Or just type:

contact1,contact2

Press To and it will automatically search for contacts with the name you just typed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by faetoblack View Post
is it possible?
Go to "Conversations" from the main menu ... and select "New SMS" Then select "To" ... and select all of the contacts you want to send the message to, then select "Done" ...

... tis easy enough once you know how, but since I guess most of us generally select a specific contact to SMS it's a little hidden!

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
sent one to 116 people - no problems at all - going through the delivery reports/statuses is a bit of a mare!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

is there any sign of support to enable setting up group contacts? I would very much like this on a future upgrade. Would really make my life alot easier as I sent out group texts twice a week(and have to resort back to my N95 to do this simple function).

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
sent one to 116 people - no problems at all - going through the delivery reports/statuses is a bit of a mare!

Hi Can you please let me know how did you send one SMS to 116 people. I'm unable to see all my Contacts in the 'New SMS' Window. Please help with a step by step process.

Thanks

Originally Posted by vikasduggal View Post
Hi Can you please let me know how did you send one SMS to 116 people. I'm unable to see all my Contacts in the 'New SMS' Window. Please help with a step by step process.

Thanks
well i think it only shows contacts with MOBILE numbers
maybe you should go through your contacts and arrange the details like
mobile phone nr -> mobile phone detail
email-> email detail
etc.

Thanks a lot for this help. It worked.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ new zealand
on my nokia 5800 had a simple solution of sending multiple sms to a group of your chosen friends , write message to group/send of it would go automatically .....
n900 is completely hopeless for this i don't want go threw all my contact list to send/ tick off each one to 30+ people

is there any solution yet i ve looked at "my contacts " application even thou you can set up a group you can't send them all messages at once yet? same with "gpe contacts "

any other way ?