Notices

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Indeed. This seems to have exposed Yet-Another-Hildon-Desktop bug in an attempt to fix #8328. There are two options, comments welcome:
  1. Either the apps are listed twice in the "Add shortcut" dialogue and I try and figure out what magic bit of the .desktop file is causing problems this time.
  2. The built-in apps on the first screen (which have X-Maemo-Prestarted=always in their .desktop file) are missing from the "All" menu.
Seems that all built in apps have double shortcuts, one old and one new, and only the new ones work. I switched all my shortcuts to the "new" one Quite an interesting bug.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Seems that all built in apps have double shortcuts, one old and one new, and only the new ones work. I switched all my shortcuts to the "new" one Quite an interesting bug.
Oh, today i notice the same behaviour.

Excellent aplication !
Thanks !
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mat-/4301190374/

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
0.7.2 has been release, has bug been fixed

bug is not fixed in 0.7.2.

Actually it does.

i deinstalled the previous one, did a reboot and reinstalled 0.72. everything works properly again.

0.72 is fixed in the sense the homescreen shortcuts now work. if you want to add another shortcut, it would still show some of the applications as duplicates.
i'd say it is usable but i'd wait for a new version to come out.

The Following User Says Thank You to adancau For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by adancau View Post
0.72 is fixed in the sense the homescreen shortcuts now work. if you want to add another shortcut, it would still show some of the applications as duplicates.
thanks, ill wait...

i love how mine is now.....especially with modded menu transitions:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=493207&postcount=6
which are different to screen transitions

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by adancau View Post
Yes. Consider it a feature: you can now have Phone on two screens. if you want #8328 fixed you're going to have duplicates in the "Add shortcut" menu. There is nothing that can be done about that, and it isn't going to get fixed.

In my opinion, having "All" contain "all" is more important and so whilst #8111 is an issue in hildon-desktop, duplicates in "Add shortcut" is, IMHO, an acceptable "bug".

Well, unless you want to be cutting edge, use the version in -testing. The feedback on the -devel version is appreciated, of course, but I don't expect everyone to be using the -devel version!

Unless other bugs are found, 0.7.3 will contain one other change: a speed-up to the initial (and further) categorisation by minimising the amount of work done. This should benefit everyone, but particularly people with lots of apps in "Other".

0.7.2 also contains a slightly cleaner way of changing icons when theme changes, by having the icons symlinked into /etc/hildon/theme. You will need to reboot, rather than reinstalling a different application.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
i have to say.... 0.7.3 runs really smooth... the transitions are nicely flowing

and the double-shortcut-problem is just a tiny scratch on the shiny surface ^^

(be honest... how often do you add shortcuts?!... i did my desktop-layout once and only add new icons if i install a new program... and this isn't that often... and maybe your right... it's actually a cool feature that you can have the default shortcuts on two different desktops *g*)

great app! like it very much

Last edited by b666m; 2010-01-27 at 01:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
i have to say.... 0.7.3 runs really smooth... the transitions are nicely flowing

and the double-shortcut-problem is just a tiny scratch on the shiny surface ^^

(be honest... how often do you add shortcuts?!... i did my desktop-layout once and only add new icons if i install a new program... and this isn't that often... and maybe your right... it's actually a cool feature that you can have the default shortcuts on two different desktops *g*)

great app! like it very much
cool, will try new ver then

Tags
catorise, jaffa, menu